DVDVR Message Board

Shadows of Mordor

Guest The Magnificent 7

Spent over an hour killing a warchief (the one afraid of caragors). I had to kill him and at least 3 captains.

I tactfully/cowardly would fight some guys, then climb a parapet, heal up, refill my elf-shot and repeat.

But it got me 2 sword slots, 2 bow slots and a dagger slot.

Two last struggles, but i think no deaths.

Okay, so it doesn't end so well. Really anticlimactic in multiple ways. Still, it was a tremendously fun game and hopefully there will be another one.

Yeah, the ending was whatever. Really wish the last boss

wasn't just a QTE scene. Oh man that was a bummer.

Still a good game. To be honest though, by the time I got to the second map, I was already burned out and 25 hours deep into it. I kinda rushed through the second map. 32 hours total. Completed most of the side stuff except the survivalist and outcast missions.

Okay, so it doesn't end so well. Really anticlimactic in multiple ways. Still, it was a tremendously fun game and hopefully there will be another one.

Yeah, the ending was whatever. Really wish the last boss

wasn't just a QTE scene. Oh man that was a bummer.

Still a good game. To be honest though, by the time I got to the second map, I was already burned out and 25 hours deep into it. I kinda rushed through the second map. 32 hours total. Completed most of the side stuff except the survivalist and outcast missions.

THERE'S A SECOND MAP!? YEAH. . . . .(claps hands gleefully, coming from someone who didn't burn out on skyrim until I was 80 something hours in). . . .

• Like 1

Fair to say this might be a game where the first one is quite good but we should have reasonable expectations of the sequel being nuts, like Assasin's Creed II?

That's probably true, though it blows the first assassins creed completely away. . . .

• Like 1

So it's not like this now?

I really want to buy it for the 360 (even with the gimped nemesis system) but if the performance is this bad I just can't.

My game is a little glitchy, but I don't really notice it. . . 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Magnificent 7

I think I'm getting close to the end.  I've branded 4 out of 5 warchiefs.  The pic below i took after I branded the 4th one.  He's the one doing a press slam of his bodyguard.  The warchief was tough to brand because he had that huge spinorama attack and could throw you off and was invulnerable to ranged and the usual stuff.  He had fear of burning, though so I blew something up with an arrow and he ran off.  I chased him down and duked him up, then branded him.  His bodyguard had pissed me off when I was trying to fight the warchief mano a mano in the castle area, so I commanded the warchief to riot the bodyguard. 

So this pic is the warchief gorilla pressing this fool to his death.  Was awesome as right after I took it he slammed him to the ground and it was instant death. 

2i92e0m.png

Guest The Magnificent 7

That's what I've been doing.  I pretty much roam the countryside and find Ithilien or artifacts between bouts of Uruk-slaying.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Well I finally beat it.  I thought the end wasn't nearly as bad as what I had read and people were making it out to be.  Yeah the last battle wasn't really a battle with the quicktime shenanigans, but overall it was decent.  I'm not an expert on the 2nd age, so don't really know how canonical the whole Celebrimbor ring stuff was at the end. 

Such a fun game, though,and clearly the best non-sports game I've played this generation.  I just had so much fun with the Nemesis system.  I still need to grab some Ithilien and some other stuff for completionist purposes, but I can also see myself just playing this to beat some orcs up from time to time.

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked this up, since I needed a game to play after beating Dragon Age: Inquisition. Pretty interesting so far. . .wound up in the middle of a fight surrounded by four "boss" type of characters, which went poorly, but I think this is going to be a pretty enjoyable play.

• Like 1

Been playing this for a week or two. Just got to the other side of Mordor (?).

It's pretty much Arkham Middle Earth. Same countering, striking, flurry attack, batarang attacks, square + circle does the same incapacitating move and even detective vision was jacked. It only lacks the polish and lore of the Arkham games. Got pretty bored with it.

I've pretty much hit the point of this where I need to just grind my upgrades to do stuff like the "Legend" of the weapon missions since the sword ones are kicking my ass, and I don't have enough techniques to take out 50 Uruks in one shot.  

And the Captains pretty much kick my ass unless I'm one on one.

Its pretty much the Arkham Origin's engine dropped into Middle Earth, except with no game breaking bugs.  

The loading screens on PS3 are getting irritating though.

• 5 months later...

I made the mistake of picking this up on PS3....completely unplayable. Loading every time you access the map/menus, graphical glitches galore, sound and image doesn't sink in any of the little cut scenes before you take on an orc captain, laggy as fuck. This sucks. I'm thinking I should've popped for the PC version even though I barely hit the minimum system requirements, at least it would have been playable.