DVDVR Message Board

GWF on ESPN Classic 8/5/13 at 11AM EST!

Yeah if you have a good memory you can fast forward through most of these episodes because they have shown the match in one of those best of shows earlier in the marathon

Is Joe Pedicino trying to imply in commentary that John Tatum and Rod Price were gay lovers.  :lol:

Didn't they do an angle where a photo of the two in a compromising position was circulating?

I just saw the little segment they did about this. Rod Price said he was just cracking Tatums back. Ha.

Greatest pre-match graphic ever.

Posted Image

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw that. My question is whether that was on the original airing or something ESPN put in.

Yes it was in the original I remember laughing to myself but the great part is how Billy Steel jumps him before the bell and hits a awesome piledriver during the match.

Dear Lord, I always hated the Handsome Stranger gimmick but I love the Old School scientific chain wrestling.  What happend to your skills, Buff Bagwell?.

I forgot how green Jeff Gaylord was when he started. 

For a gay manager, Christopher Love dresses pretty horribly.  Armani and Egyptian cotton shirts, man!

Posted Image

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw that. My question is whether that was on the original airing or something ESPN put in.

Yes it was in the original I remember laughing to myself but the great part is how Billy Steel jumps him before the bell and hits a awesome piledriver during the match.

I didn't think they showed him do anything before the bell on the ESPN airing, they just jumped to the crowd (as usual) and the commentators mentioned what he did. 

re: Jeff Gaylord, I thought he was around for 2-3 years before Global started?

Posted Image

I didn't think they showed him do anything before the bell on the ESPN airing, they just jumped to the crowd (as usual) and the commentators mentioned what he did. 

re: Jeff Gaylord, I thought he was around for 2-3 years before Global started?

I thought they did show him before or right at the bell attack him maybe I got it mixed up with another match heck I'm sure I have the match here on tape from recording this crap from classic. I'm watching right now(Billy Travis is comedy gold) I see they went back to repeats the last couple of days again. Jeff was def around  awhile at this point I always thought he would have been a big star in the WWF. I remember He and I think Mr Hughes were too team up in the WWF but I don't think it ever happened.      

• 1 month later...

Wrestling needs more Eivls impersonator color commentators.

The guy sounds more like Harry Caray than Elvis, though, this is awesome. Between that and the charisma-free Rod Price taking on babyface sensation Terry Simms, the word "classic" should be used with the quotation marks firmly attached.

• 1 month later...

So we got to the mid-92 episodes, then? 

A sidenote: the History of the WWE DVD has a part on the video library, and they flash logos of different companies, one of which is the GWF opening...from the 1993-94 syndicated episodes.  So I guess they have ALL of the library and not just the ESPN holdings?  As opposed to ESPNC, who can only use the ESPN ones of course.