DVDVR Message Board

GWF on ESPN Classic 8/5/13 at 11AM EST!

You know the midget Million Dollar Baby looks like the love child of Edge and Heath Slater  :P

Speaking of bad promos, the Lightning Kid promo talking about losing the belt to Chaz and then regaining the title "in Marietta, GA" was really off the wagon

Ha I caught that promo. It was pretty terrible. Johnson and Hudson were trying to lead him through, but he couldn't put a sentence together. In all, these GWF episodes have a large percentage of unwatchable workers. On the bright side, I have new found respect for Gary Young and John Tatum. They have been solid.

John Tatum and his silly faces have been a highlight. I'm glad I caught some of the new stuff stuff, and they've been re-airing some of those in the wacky overnight marathons as well. Love Scotty saying that Hudson's just a bad Bill Watts impersonator, then commenting on how much he likes Mike Davis's ripped jeans, and then scolding the Stranger for pulling the man's tights. Bonnie calling Chris Walker and Steve Simpson TWO OF THE MOST POPULAR ATHLETES IN THE WORLD was hilarious.

You know the midget Million Dollar Baby looks like the love child of Edge and Heath Slater  :P Speaking of bad promos, the Lightning Kid promo talking about losing the belt to Chaz and then regaining the title "in Marietta, GA" was really off the wagon

Real house show. Not a phantom switch. Only GWF show outside of the Sportatorium I think.

Hollywood John Tatum has yet to be billed as a 52nd Degree Black Belt.  This makes me sad because that was one of my favorite WCCW gimmicks.

Boy, I forgot how fucking stiff Gorgeous Gary Young's high knee finisher was.  If ever there was footage that belongs in a documentary called "The Anatomy Of A Concussion," there it was.

That blonde jobber deserved that shot though since he sandbagged the attempted Samoan Drop.

Yeah mine is in with a 7 dollar a month sports package. Been catching up this weekend on the shows sure the shows suck for the most part but its fun. The things I notice the most about then and now is the art of throwing a punch now is pretty much dead and old school Texas ring psychology is completely dead and buried. They should have done more with Billy Travis in early Global, Black Barts legdrop was awful, Scott Anthony was gold, If The Patriot was around in the 80s he probably would have been a mega star, Eddie Gilbert of course one of my all time favorites. I'm looking forward to Gilberts last weeks in the company that is my favorite time for the GWF. Well enough with my rambling. (McGirt nice free is good lol)

It looks like they have jumped to about March 1992 although they may go back and forth many times

I don't think there has ever been a more annoying segment than Point/Counterpoint with Steven D Truth and Scott Hudson.  It is like a contest to see who can out douche each other. 

It looks like they have jumped to about March 1992 although they may go back and forth many times

I don't think there has ever been a more annoying segment than Point/Counterpoint with Steven D Truth and Scott Hudson.  It is like a contest to see who can out douche each other. 

You're right that segment does suck and I thought nothing could get worse than Teen Beat. Ive been watching my taped eps when I get the chance I didn't remember that jobber guy Shaun Summers was given a push in early Global as the California Blonde heck even pinned Chaz with a shoulder breaker. These worthless facts that  I find interesting (I suck).  Do Scott Anthony and the Handsome Stranger (awful name) ever even have a match?

Yeah if you have a good memory you can fast forward through most of these episodes because they have shown the match in one of those best of shows earlier in the marathon

Is Joe Pedicino trying to imply in commentary that John Tatum and Rod Price were gay lovers.  :lol:

I'm very disappointed that they haven't showed a single Kerry Von Erich or Chris Adams match yet, but very happy to get some upgraded straight to dvd quality footage

I don't think Kerry or Chris end up having a match on the ESPN shows. I know Kerry does a run in on a Johnny Hawk match and does commentary on one. Chris does commentary on a match that was on the KVE tribute show. I have Bart vs Kerry on tape but it wasn't from ESPN. They could have shown that match on ESPN too but I'm probably wrong.

I'm very disappointed that they haven't showed a single Kerry Von Erich or Chris Adams match yet, but very happy to get some upgraded straight to dvd quality footage

I don't think Kerry or Chris end up having a match on the ESPN shows. I know Kerry does a run in on a Johnny Hawk match and does commentary on one. Chris does commentary on a match that was on the KVE tribute show. I have Bart vs Kerry on tape but it wasn't from ESPN. They could have shown that match on ESPN too but I'm probably wrong.

I don't remember Chris Adams really showing up until the post-ESPN shows, and don't remember Kerry wrestling on an ESPN GWF show, just doing commentary.  Was him vs. Bart seen on the syndie/Dallas version (seen here on SportsChannel)?  I also wonder...was Kevin/Chris vs. Freebirds from the Kerry memorial ever shown on TV?  Does any footage exist anywhere?

I don't remember Chris Adams really showing up until the post-ESPN shows, and don't remember Kerry wrestling on an ESPN GWF show, just doing commentary.  Was him vs. Bart seen on the syndie/Dallas version (seen here on SportsChannel)?  I also wonder...was Kevin/Chris vs. Freebirds from the Kerry memorial ever shown on TV?  Does any footage exist anywhere

I seen it on Sports Channel also they may have shown the match 2 weeks in a row instead of on ESPN. I think I have around 5 of the Von Erich tribute matches on tape. All the matches had to have been recorded probably just not shown.

I don't remember Chris Adams really showing up until the post-ESPN shows, and don't remember Kerry wrestling on an ESPN GWF show, just doing commentary.  Was him vs. Bart seen on the syndie/Dallas version (seen here on SportsChannel)?  I also wonder...was Kevin/Chris vs. Freebirds from the Kerry memorial ever shown on TV?  Does any footage exist anywhere

I seen it on Sports Channel also they may have shown the match 2 weeks in a row instead of on ESPN. I think I have around 5 of the Von Erich tribute matches on tape. All the matches had to have been recorded probably just not shown.

OK, I remember Price vs. Putski, Kongs vs. Simpsons, Knapp vs. Porteau, Robinson vs. some other jobber, and I think Stevie vs. Mantell?  Did any others make it to air? 

The match you mention being seen 2 weeks was Kerry vs. Bart, no?

Yeah if you have a good memory you can fast forward through most of these episodes because they have shown the match in one of those best of shows earlier in the marathon

Is Joe Pedicino trying to imply in commentary that John Tatum and Rod Price were gay lovers.  :lol:

Didn't they do an angle where a photo of the two in a compromising position was circulating?

OK, I remember Price vs. Putski, Kongs vs. Simpsons, Knapp vs. Porteau, Robinson vs. some other jobber, and I think Stevie vs. Mantell?  Did any others make it to air? 

The match you mention being seen 2 weeks was Kerry vs. Bart, no?

Yes Bart vs Kerry, The other matches I think are Blackbirds vs Texas Mustangs and Booker T vs Francis Buxton.  Hope the over night block was good. When I get a chance I gotta put up some of the late 93/94 stuff on Youtube.