DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK SEVENTEEN

Gonzo

PANTS ARE OFF. 

One of my very favorite football games of all time. I completely rescind any comments about canning the coaching staff - except Shula, he can still go - they did a fantastic job today and in the past few weeks. No matter what happens from here, this season is a win considering the talent.  And it all coming at the expense of the Atlanta Falcons? Delicious. I think we got a real shot against AZ and we'll see from there.

• Like 2

People are really playing the ref card? Fuck me.

When they call a face mask pull and the dude's hand just barely grazed by his face?  Fuck me.

When they are ruling a fumble down by contact? Fuck me.

ANY contact to a QB's head, no matter how hard, is a roughing the passer penalty.  So even if it's just a slight love tap it's still a penalty.

And the down by contact rule sucks for everyone.

Okay, and that intentional grounding call.

Same thing happened in that Thursday night game with Miami a few weeks ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if the league office silently told refs that there has to be a certain distance for receivers to be in the area to determine intentional grounding.

The facemask call wasn't on a qb. But it was right by the letter of the rule. I miss the minor facemask rule.

Ah, right, forgot about that one.  Yeah, it really does suck that they eliminated the minor facemask rule.  That would have been the perfect place for it.

Edit: And to be fair, if they're not going to bring back the minor, they really should let that be reviewable or something.  It's too easy for a hand to slip off shoulder pads at times.