DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

I can't help but thinking this season would have been way better having pulled a Boardwalk Empire and being cut down. It's an idea, anyway, and I don't know if it would have really worked given that SOA is such an overkill kinda show (pardon the pun), but there it is. 

Besides that... what an episode. Everybody killed it, especially Juice, who had three separate full segments to underline the tightening of the noose around everyone's necks. 

Wow. That episode. Such a kick to the gut. It's been awhile since I really cared about these characters, but last night brought me back in. I feel so bad for Abel. No matter what, Jax is going to prison or he's going to die, leaving Abel and Thomas without a father. Rossi and Smits were amazing, though. I thought Juice's grim foreshadowing of the events to come was the high point of the acting in this episode, and that's saying a lot, but then Jimmy Smits topped it. The cut away to Smits' face on the phone as Jax tells him the details of Tara's murder was amazing.

Do we have 1 or 2 more episodes left?

Wow. That episode. Such a kick to the gut. It's been awhile since I really cared about these characters, but last night brought me back in. I feel so bad for Abel. No matter what, Jax is going to prison or he's going to die, leaving Abel and Thomas without a father. Rossi and Smits were amazing, though. I thought Juice's grim foreshadowing of the events to come was the high point of the acting in this episode, and that's saying a lot, but then Jimmy Smits topped it. The cut away to Smits' face on the phone as Jax tells him the details of Tara's murder was amazing.

Do we have 1 or 2 more episodes left?

Whoever made the decision to focus on Nero's reaction on the phone and not Jax' telling of the situation deserves a goddamn raise. That was brilliant.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently so. Once again, Jimmy Smits takes the whole show on his shoulders and carries it. I will now collect money from several friends with whom I bet that you-know-who wouldn't last to the final episode.

Sooooooo...

Is Jax willingly asking for a Mayhem vote? That's...a little weird. That whole deal was kinda shrouded in mystery, so who knows.

I got the impression he had the same attitude as Gemma, in that he realized he'd done so much bad shit he deserved it and that if anyone was going to kill him it should be his own "family".  I'm also assuming the new rule he was asking about was the no blacks policy so that the Grim Bastards guys could get patched over?

Methinks you've nailed it... I would have preferred Chibs giving him a full-blown Scots scolding for all his fuck-ups before shanking him, but this will do in a pinch.

A few episodes back it showed him fixing up that blue motorcycle that had belonged to his father.  I'm thinking the only other alternative involves him going on some type of similar suicide run along the same stretch of highway.

I thought the same thing. No way the motorcycle is reintroduced for no reason at all.

"It has been brought to my attention that our SOA Collector's Edition Book has been sent out a week early by some distributors and book outlets. This book contains details about the final episode of the series. This, my friends is a storyteller's worst nightmare. I wanted this book to be a compliment to the show. It contains personal messages and photos from the cast, in-depth behind the scenes information and detailed breakdown of episodes. It's a smart, well-conceived book that I was very excited for the fans to have."

"...AFTER the motherfucking finale. There are a thousand fucking people I can blame. And I assure you, by the time I am done, my fucking basket will be filled with heads of incompetent cunts. But as far as the fans go, the burden is on me. I fucked up. It was my idea for the book, so ultimately, I am to blame. So if you received a book, I apologize. I ask that you not share your wrath or pain or opinion in social media so as to not spoil the experience of others. There is no excuse for utter ineptitude. It pains me that this will be the parting memory of some fans. I hope you all tune in for the finale. It plays much better than it reads. "

Anarchy Afterword makes you appreciate Chris Hardwick more. First there was the shitty host who clearly didn't know much about the show, and now there's NO HOST AT ALL and it's just Sutter looking down at the table and going uh...uh...uh....

• Like 1