DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

Watched the new ep and everyone here is right. It's obvious the series will end in a multiple series of bloodbaths and betrayals and that will be the end of it. Not even as bizarre as Dexter, it's just what it is. Slaughter upon slaughter. 

So hey, if you're into that, set up the BBQ! If not, lament what it was until the third season and ignore. I think I can do both, because why the fuck not at this point. If I'm around on Tuesdays.

I came late to the game on this one, getting into it in season four, so I wondered a good deal what all the fuss was about as it just seemed to be scummy people doing scummy things to other scummy people. Still, the level of violence made it sort of compelling so I watched from the beginning and was impressed by two things. (1.) How brilliantly it started and (2.) How banal it became after the trip to Ireland. I'll watch this final season as it will be fun to set up a deadpool for all the major characters. I really don't see anyone getting out alive. Maybe Nero survives, after all, you don't get to be 50-something as an OG without having some serious survival skills.

Don't sleep on Jax's ability to make extremely seasoned vets carry the idiot ball to fall for his bullshit schemes and then die in the lamest way possible.

I do have to say that Sutter's uncanny skills at writing cops horribly does make me chuckle. I'm fully expecting CCH Pounder to randomly pull out of her ass that Gemma was always the main suspect about 8 episodes from now, which will probably be 10 minutes before she's brutally killed.

Goddammit now I'm thinking of Chibs eating it and I'm mad. At least you know they'll let Tig go out with some kind of filthy quip, Chibs will just say "fackin' 'ell" and he will go out for all of his great service as one of the only people you might be able to still care about with the ultimate whimper.

EDIT: and now that just makes me think of how he has been used as nothing but a cypher for seasons now and I'm madder. If Sutter has any heart he'll have Chibs whack Jax.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone annoyed that they just cut out everything that happened that night with Juice and Gemma?  Did Kurt Sutter get one amazing rise in bed to convince him to make that jump?

Jax should be the one to kill Gemma but come on, Juice has her there and the next day she is walking to a diner.  

Oso from the Mayans is the same guy who played Masseria on Boardwalk Empire and I swear the waitress at the diner in this one is the same diner waitress that McNulty ended up screwing after he wrecked his car in season two of The Wire.

I didn't mind the cut, he just wanted to confuse everyone for a minute and let the story unravel during the ep. BTW, watch the liquor store robbery come back to haunt the Sons when the cops look at the video tape.

Skinny-ass Manson is completely unconvincing physically as an AB shotcaller. 

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see that Masseria dude was noted earlier in the thread.

I have a feeling that we get a flash forward ending showing either

• Proof of Jax fucking up with one son dead and the other a thug just like it was with his own life; or
  • Life after Jax getting out of prison, spending time with his sons, trying to teach them to not make the same mistakes, and letting his sons get to have a life he didn't get to have by having their dad in their life.

Didn't Sutter say that he wanted a Shakespearean tragedy?

That would imply that someone turns on the club at the end and with everyone happy someone will come back to finish him off.

Pope is an option.

Jax shot Pope in the face and framed Clay for the murder.

Jury (President of the Indian Hills charter) is going to fuck over the club somehow. He knows the club killed his son. He's been MIA for a couple of episodes. I have a feeling Jax is going to tie all the loose ends, make peace with everyone on the streets etc, and somehow Jury's going to come back out of nowhere and fuck shit up for Jax.

Jury (President of the Indian Hills charter) is going to fuck over the club somehow. He knows the club killed his son. He's been MIA for a couple of episodes. I have a feeling Jax is going to tie all the loose ends, make peace with everyone on the streets etc, and somehow Jury's going to come back out of nowhere and fuck shit up for Jax.

Oh shit. You're right. I remembered thinking that too because they made it look like he was going to kill himself.

Or worse. Jury kills Jax's son.