DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

The best way to describe this show is "Clusterfuck".

Really? Really? I didn't get on board until last year, but then watched from the start and other than the improbable detour to Ireland, I think it has been pretty much great. Why the negativity?

I'm more bummed about Rosevelt's death than Tara's honestly.  It was all a matter of time before this happened to Tara but Rosevelt was one of the few decent characters on the show.  I got the sense they were having him slowly morph into Unser following the discussion the two of them had earlier in the season and that they might continue that angle.  What exactly is left in the next season?  Presumably Jax isn't going to jail now.  Are they going to pin the murders on Juice or realize it was Gemma?  I can see she and Unser collaborating and pinning it on him, or him taking credit for it realizing he's dead anyways.  Nero leading the Mayans and the Chinese against the club?  More multiple montages in each episode?

Partly because the show has tapered off a bunch since the second season and partly because it really is a clusterfuck. How was the finale anything other than all over the place? Two hours?! Really? Really? A Jax monologue to open the show?! I almost felt like I was watching Rocky IV with all the music video stuff, except I wasn't really rooting for anyone.

Also, for what it's worth, I watched the Sons of Anarchy version of Talking Dead/Bad and Kurt Sutter said it was his plan since the first season to have Tara offed in season six.

The show should end with Venus Van Damme and Nero raising Jax' kids! They got a better shot at a good life with them than Gemma, Jax or anyone else in the club.

I refuse to accept any scenario that doesn't end with Venus ending up with Tig.

• Like 1

My initial thought when watching was that Juice was gonna scrub the crimescene to clear Jemma, and then blow his head off there to make it look like a murder/suicide, and at the same time going out "for the MC"... But him just hiding the murder weapons just puts the onus in Jax and let's Jemna off Scotfree.

• 7 months later...

Bumping this because we're finally at this shows conclusion. The new trailer is out there, which shows next to nothing.

Oh...and Courtney Love joins the cast.

Wonderful.

Already shot down many times. Zobelle isn't returning.

Back in the previous season I thought that he would be a king sized edition for the final season since he's the one that got away, but Sutter has said it isn't happening.

Already shot down many times. Zobelle isn't returning.

Back in the previous season I thought that he would be a king sized edition for the final season since he's the one that got away, but Sutter has said it isn't happening.

That's a shame. A Zobelle return would make me infinitely more excited for the final season.

• 1 month later...

I haven't watched the show since it killed Opie, but I ended up watching most of the premiere for lack of anything else to do.

And, yeah, I was quickly reminded why I stopped watching. The show has no soul anymore. It's just awful people doing increasingly awful things to other awful people, and not in terribly compelling ways. Even though I've been out on the show for almost 2 whole seasons, I still feel like I saw about the 17,999th and 18,000th drawn out scene of the Sons gruesomely torturing/murdering someone in a case of mistaken identity or because they needed to earn someone's trust to have a meeting or whatever who gives a fuck anymore.

• Like 1

Okay, but Bobby driving away with the legless dude's wheelchair tied to the motorcycle reminded me of when Undertaker hogtied Hogan in 2002 and the whole thing made me lol.

Other than that, yeah just violence for the sake of violence. Aside from Nero/Jimmy Smits, there's almost no one worth for and that's a shame. There's other likable characters in the show but they're so directionless that it doesn't matter.