DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

No kidding.

Tara dying like that was royally fucked up. Plus, Roosevelt's one of the few characters left on this show that wasn't a gigantic asshole... I haz a mega-fucking-sad now.

Sutter can't possibly justify Genma getting through next season unscathed, can he?

At this rate, the series is gonna end with Unser, Barosky, and Collette sitting in Barosky's bakery having coffee and Danish - and the episode fades out on Unser coughing up blood.

I'm calling it right now.

Unser has the type of cancer where you outlive everyone as long as you smoke pot.

• Like 5

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Sutter. Goddamn it, they pulled another Lem. However, I had a feeling Tara wouldn't make it when my wife told me Maggie Siff is pregnant.

I really don't have any interest in the final season now. The big moments that happen are Juice and Jemma die, Jax either dies or moves to Oregon with the boys and starts a legit MC there.

How Juice is still alive, I'll never know.  That's like three straight seasons where his death has been pretty much coming and he comes out alive.  For all I know the series ends with Juice as President of the MC and Gemma as his old lady, raising Jax's boys.

The best way to describe this show is "Clusterfuck".

Really? Really? I didn't get on board until last year, but then watched from the start and other than the improbable detour to Ireland, I think it has been pretty much great. Why the negativity?

I'm more bummed about Rosevelt's death than Tara's honestly.  It was all a matter of time before this happened to Tara but Rosevelt was one of the few decent characters on the show.  I got the sense they were having him slowly morph into Unser following the discussion the two of them had earlier in the season and that they might continue that angle.  What exactly is left in the next season?  Presumably Jax isn't going to jail now.  Are they going to pin the murders on Juice or realize it was Gemma?  I can see she and Unser collaborating and pinning it on him, or him taking credit for it realizing he's dead anyways.  Nero leading the Mayans and the Chinese against the club?  More multiple montages in each episode?

Partly because the show has tapered off a bunch since the second season and partly because it really is a clusterfuck. How was the finale anything other than all over the place? Two hours?! Really? Really? A Jax monologue to open the show?! I almost felt like I was watching Rocky IV with all the music video stuff, except I wasn't really rooting for anyone.

Also, for what it's worth, I watched the Sons of Anarchy version of Talking Dead/Bad and Kurt Sutter said it was his plan since the first season to have Tara offed in season six.