DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

I watched this last night and didn't like it. Admittedly, I fell asleep for part of it. I watched it again this morning and thought it was a good way to wrap up the show. My biggest issue is leaving his sons behind, but I do like Jax saying that he's a criminal and a murderer and that's who his sons need to know him as. As much as this finale was about finally setting the Sons on the right path, he set his own sons on the right path as well. They'll know little, if anything, about the club and won't idolize their dad like Jax did with JT.

Was it perfect? No. Was it close to being the best finale ever? Not really. However, compared to many other finales, this was damn good and it wrapped everything up very well.

The one other thing this episode did was make sense out of Jax's stupid, stupid actions because he recognized them as stupid and explained why they were stupid. I wondered if that would ever be acknowledged and it finally was. While there were many decisions made during this show that were questionable, they all had to lead to this point.

Oh, and Vic Mackey was part responsible for Jax's end.

I watched this last night and didn't like it. Admittedly, I fell asleep for part of it. I watched it again this morning and thought it was a good way to wrap up the show. My biggest issue is leaving his sons behind, but I do like Jax saying that he's a criminal and a murderer and that's who his sons need to know him as. As much as this finale was about finally setting the Sons on the right path, he set his own sons on the right path as well. They'll know little, if anything, about the club and won't idolize their dad like Jax did with JT.

Was it perfect? No. Was it close to being the best finale ever? Not really. However, compared to many other finales, this was damn good and it wrapped everything up very well.

The one other thing this episode did was make sense out of Jax's stupid, stupid actions because he recognized them as stupid and explained why they were stupid. I wondered if that would ever be acknowledged and it finally was. While there were many decisions made during this show that were questionable, they all had to lead to this point.

Oh, and Vic Mackey was part responsible for Jax's end.

Did you ready my review or something? Or did we just become best friends?

http://bloguin.com/theapparty/2014-articles/sons-of-anarchy-finishes-long-winding-ride-with-apropos-ending.html

Hey guys, do you think at the end when Jax had his arms stretched out, he was trying to mimic the Raven character? I mean, they even had a Raven at the end. Maybe Kurt Sutter's a HUGE ECW fan.

I just finished watching it. That was really heavy handed with the SYMBOLISM!!!! I want to believe Milo the truck driver is actually Vic Mackey. He finished his deal with ICE and is now tyring to live a new clean life.So much for that. Overall it was a pretty good finale.On my scale of St. Elsewhere (being bad) and Little House On The Prarie blowing up the town (being good) it's somewhere in the middle. The show lingered on way longer than it should have, but at least Jax went out in a blaze of glory.

Hey guys, do you think at the end when Jax had his arms stretched out, he was trying to mimic the Raven character? I mean, they even had a Raven at the end. Maybe Kurt Sutter's a HUGE ECW fan.

I just finished watching it. That was really heavy handed with the SYMBOLISM!!!! I want to believe Milo the truck driver is actually Vic Mackey. He finished his deal with ICE and is now tyring to live a new clean life.So much for that. Overall it was a pretty good finale.On my scale of St. Elsewhere (being bad) and Little House On The Prarie blowing up the town (being good) it's somewhere in the middle. The show lingered on way longer than it should have, but at least Jax went out in a blaze of glory.

Milo did say in the penultimate episode that he had 3 kids, didn't necessarily say he had custody of them so its possible.  The Vic Mackey name could carry a big burden with the reputation of it so it's not impossible to believe he would legally change his name.  Truck driving could be a believe profession for him after his ICE deal ran out since it's obvious that he would never get another job in law enforcement again.

He would need to have a new identity. He had to work for ICE for the rest of his life, or until retirement. Could be that he said fuck this, split, got a new identity and took up being a truck driver.

However, none of that sadly works because Vic is just a fictional character in that universe considering that Juice had an episode of The Shield on in his jail cell.

He would need to have a new identity. He had to work for ICE for the rest of his life, or until retirement. Could be that he said fuck this, split, got a new identity and took up being a truck driver.

However, none of that sadly works because Vic is just a fictional character in that universe considering that Juice had an episode of The Shield on in his jail cell.

If I'm remembering right, didn't he have a 3 year contract with ICE that he had to serve out every day of or else they'd kill his deal?

No, it is symbolic.

Ravens are symbols equated with misfortune and death.  Historically, ravens appeared on battlefields after a fight and picked at the carcuses of the dead.

The ravens behind Jax symbolized the deaths and destruction that he caused while riding his path in life.  The outstretched arms meant he was giving himself up to the Universe and letting everything go as he ended his life.

In Macbeth, Lady Macbeth sees the raven as a symbol of misfortune.

http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/macbeth/quotes.html

If I'm remembering right, didn't he have a 3 year contract with ICE that he had to serve out every day of or else they'd kill his deal?

Now you're going to make me re-watch the Shield finale, which is a good thing...except for the awfulness with Shane's family.

As well as the actor who played Lem being a member of SAMCRO early in the series.

Also Jax killing Dutch when he tried to rape Tara.

And Claudette becoming the DA for San Joaqin County. There was also a Prison Break crossover as Juice shot C-Note.

• Like 1

No, it is symbolic.

Ravens are symbols equated with misfortune and death.  Historically, ravens appeared on battlefields after a fight and picked at the carcuses of the dead.

The ravens behind Jax symbolized the deaths and destruction that he caused while riding his path in life.  The outstretched arms meant he was giving himself up to the Universe and letting everything go as he ended his life.

In Macbeth, Lady Macbeth sees the raven as a symbol of misfortune.

http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/macbeth/quotes.html

I think he was being facetious.

Good call.

Now you're going to make me re-watch the Shield finale, which is a good thing...except for the awfulness with Shane's family.

I thought Bobby was watching the shield in jail?  My memory is foggy

I was watching Peaky Blinders last night on Netflix and Chibs showed up.

Have you watched enough episodes to suggest if it's worth checking out?

I finished the first season (6 episodes), and I thought it was pretty good.  The first couple of episodes were maybe a little slow, but after that I got into them.  The accents can be a little difficult, so if you have an issue with different British or Irish accents, then maybe it isn't for you.  The two main leads:  Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill are both very good in it.  I'd recommend it if you like crime family dramas.

• Like 1