DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

At some point, Chiklis has to make an appearance. Like, a real appearance. That dude is doing fuck all outside of his band. I would give up all of my possessions if the final season was Vic taking down the Sons, One-Niners, and Byz Lats.

We need someone to do the math to see if SOA or Justified is winning the race to see which show can use the most Deadwood actors.

SOA did have an Oz actor on with Tara's new lawyer being the C.O. who had his ankles cut.

Thank you for pointing that out. I knew I remembered that guy from somewhere but couldn't put my finger on it. He was Dave Brass in Oz. I remember he stole Rebadow's winning lotto ticket too.

Were people legitimately shocked when Clay got killed? It was telegraphed from last season. Plus, why wouldn't they take out both him and the Irish at the same time?

The show is off the rails at this point. Lost what made it great long ago. I'm watching at this point just to see what lengths they'll go to.

Were people legitimately shocked when Clay got killed? It was telegraphed from last season. Plus, why wouldn't they take out both him and the Irish at the same time?

Shocked, no.  But a bit surprised that the end of Clay was a long, boring stint in jail followed by just getting killed.  He was a passive victim for the entire season.  The only memorable thing he did was the "Hallelujah for Pussy!" bit.  Just weird they'd put such a weak final act on a major character.

• Like 1

I understand them wanting to kill Galon and Clay but why didn't they just simply tell Connor to tell the Irish Kings to do the deal with the Chinese so they could get Happy back in return?

The Irish and the Chinese are both selling guns. Remember the scene where they go to meet the Italians and Galon just opened fire on the Chinese? Shits like a model UN of crime. I'm sure they aren't just leaving Happy for dead. I'm guessing the Irish still won't work with the black crew that leaves the Chinese and the blacks to be gun running BFF's.

I read this last page humming the theme song to SOA thinking fuck you all.

It just didn't fit with the typical parameters of the show. They always try to keep the women away from the crime directly, at least the killing.  Then they go and plan to kill a guy right in front of them on purpose.  At least Clay is gone.  His moping around routine was getting pretty old.  And yeah, that guard who got his nose bitten off by Clay settling the score by punching him in the face a few times made no sense at all.