DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

I wouldn't mind the show ending with the club ultimately being destroyed. Jax tried so hard to keep it alive, but in the process turned into the one thing he hated about the club and inadvertently kills it.

It would also set up some awesome kills/motorcycle action that the show seems to love.

Decent episode last night. I really like how the stuff with Bobby played out. He'd be one of the sadder deaths if he ever goes.

The stuff with the dirty cops was outlandish but it gave them an excuse to do a chase. The end when Jax elbowed that dude in the face was cool. Charlie Hunnam had a wild look there. I think that dude is a fantastic actor and I'm so glad he got out of that 50 Shades of Grey movie. Smart.

The show is so much more awesome when there are more comedic elements used. Sutter tries to be a hard ass 24/7 when he actually excels at writing very funny scenes among all the bleakness. The show fails when it goes super serious.

And I don't know how they pulled it off, but I went from cracking up when you know who showed back up again, to tearing up and almost crying, to nearly cracking up again when Jemma has the way awkward look.

Walton Goggins is so fucking good.

• Like 1

Am I weird or wrong for actually being moved for Walton Goggins scene? I thought he turned it from something silly to something kinda real and touching.

I agree, but that's why I didn't like Jemma's eyeroll at the end.  I thought they did a good job of having a trans person who starts as a joke but becomes a real person during the scene.  The last shot went back to "No, don't worry; we're still laughing at the stupid tranny!". 

Jax going about .8 on the Meng Savage scale was awesome, though. Juicy is just learning from the best. At some point, as much as I like Chibbs, there needs to be a round 2 between Juice and Chibbs.

I missed the last one but this one was a damn good ep. Goggins' Venus indeed got a proper inject of humanity and it's great to know she isn't a punchline anymore if she's gonna be on more often. Of course this lead to more wild chases and dead bodies that nobody seems to see/report/find, but what else is new. Tara's trump card was great but I can see it blowing up in her face later. And hey, they saved the table!

Also, that was a really moving song at the end. Sutter knows how to pick his music when it's necessary.

Also, that was a really moving song at the end. Sutter knows how to pick his music when it's necessary.

The song at the end of this episode was fine, but generally I think this show has the absolute worst music.  Case in point: the song at the beginning of this episode.

Nice to see Ruthie from Carnivale as Venus' mom. 

That whole scene I'm like "No Jax, you aren't going to do it, right?"  Then he starts to puff up and I'm like "Slow down, Bro!! That don't make any sense!!!"! And then he kills her and confirms that he is the most arbitrary homicidal maniac of all time. Hopefully Tara is the Jesse Pinkman of this crazy ass show and has a relatively happy ending.

I don't know about that. Listen to Barbeau's rant again. The argument she gives as to why Venus can't raise the kid is the same argument Jax has been having with himself about his kids and about his own father for six years. He was essentially shooting his own conscience. 

• Like 1

Decent episode but suffered from a lack of Clay.

It looks like after everything that went down with Gemma Nero is going to turn on the club (even though there's ample evidence Toric was setting him up).  Are he and Clay in the same prison?  I'm wondering if this season ends with Clay or the club killing him.

Robocop's character tends to be a great addition.  I'm interested to see how he continues to play into things.  After last night it looks like he's more firmly on the club's side.