DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

Looks like there are 28 current or former members or prospects.  Of those 12 have died in the past 4 years.  On top of that, the last active original member just got excommunicated, Juice nearly got that or worse for stealing and killing a member, and Tig just got sent to death by the President (though few people know that).  Yeah, I can see why Bobby's having more luck recruiting than they are.

(of course, I'm pretty sure that list only included all SAMCRO, not every Son ever)

Yeah, that last phone call with the Irish sailed over Jax's head like the Enterprise (Hours would seem like days). Unfortunately, Chibs was in the room, so he is implicated as just as stupid, if not more so.  But hey, NO CASUALTIES!!!!! Also, is there any kink Sutter doesn't intend to explore?

And how stupid was the delivery guy? I've never met a delivery guy yet who didn't act like the pen was coming out of his check.

So, no joke, as I'm watching the show early on into the episode I said to my wife that at some point, probably in the final season, the club will get blown out.

Holy fucking shit, I didn't expect that to happen last night.

It also took me twice to watch the episode last night because I kept falling asleep. 90 minutes of SoA is nearly as bad as 3 hours of Raw. Come on FX, start airing this shit at 9 PM instead of 10 PM.

And how stupid was the delivery guy? I've never met a delivery guy yet who didn't act like the pen was coming out of his check.

I'm assuming the delivery guy left it deliberately as a calling card, perhaps one the gang wasn't intended to notice until it was too late.

Clay has always been a devious bastard but this time I actually buy his face turn.  I think he genuinely feels bad about all the fucked up stuff he's done and wants to help the club.  At some point I can see Jax and company realizing they need him after all and that he was the only person who could competently run things.

This Wendy/Tara/Gemma storyline is annoying.

Have they not searched Toric's hotel room yet?  When he died he wasn't in any position to start clearing out so I'd think there would be all sorts of incriminating stuff in there.  I doubt he cleaned the bathroom and carpet up all that well.  In the last episode the sheriff seemed to be aware that it was an obvious frame job but now I'm thinking he might be too pissed with the club and Nero and realizing he needs to appease the DA to care.  Then again he could slowly be winding up like Unser and realizing the club aren't the worst villains out there.

I thought the ending was gonna be Nero being arrested and we would see a preview of him in prison planning to kill the two guards, but then the club explodes. Jax should be impeached for not even realizing the Irish wouldn't deal with Marks. They were better off with Clay in charge.

I'm assuming the delivery guy left it deliberately as a calling card, perhaps one the gang wasn't intended to notice until it was too late.

I don't buy that.  I mean, once they realized it, it only took them like 60 seconds to clear out.  So they were supposed to notice it at exactly 7:59:55?  

So we're left with the delivery guy accidentally leaving his pen which just happens to be festooned with shamrocks.  Because of course all Irish people make sure everything they own looks like it came out a leprechaun's dickhole.

• Like 3

I don't buy that.  I mean, once they realized it, it only took them like 60 seconds to clear out.  So they were supposed to notice it at exactly 7:59:55?  

So we're left with the delivery guy accidentally leaving his pen which just happens to be festooned with shamrocks.  Because of course all Irish people make sure everything they own looks like it came out a leprechaun's dickhole.

lost it.

I feel the loss of that cool table is going to hit the club harder than losing Phil and V-Lin. Crazy ending that I did not see coming. So one more season after this? I wish Kurt Sutter a lot of luck wrapping this show up.

Think Tara regrets coming back to Charming? She coulda made it work with creepy Dutch in Chicago.

Speaking of Shield vets they really are fleshing out this DA. She's a good actress and not being given much to work with.

Jax timing out driving the SUV through the wall to hit that Irish dude is some GTA level action.

Props to Robocop for seeming way smarter then Nero and Jax. Also I gotta say I love Jimmy Smits. He's played some really memorable characters. He fucking raised Princess Leia.

The guys who played the masterbating prison guards got a fantastic scene to add to their reel! One of them had a disturbing skinny head look.

I feel the loss of that cool table is going to hit the club harder than losing Phil and V-Lin.

My first thought was about the cool table. Fuck, that table was a work of expert craftsmanship, and it was brand new because the previous one had an axe taken to it by Roosevelt.

My thoughts on Jax are similar to popular internet opinion re: HHH in 2003.

No-one ever gets over on him. Never gives anyone any offence during fight scenes or makes anyone look like a threat, and always has to be the smartest guy there. And then theres the sex with the hot women and being cool with ethnic people.

Next episode, he meant for the clubhouse to blow up...

• Like 1

My thoughts on Jax are similar to popular internet opinion re: HHH in 2003.

No-one ever gets over on him. Never gives anyone any offence during fight scenes or makes anyone look like a threat, and always has to be the smartest guy there. And then theres the sex with the hot women and being cool with ethnic people.

Next episode, he meant for the clubhouse to blow up...

Agreed.  Which is ironic because, in real life, he'd be too much of a dim bulb to accomplish much. 

At this point, I think of Jax as Water White on steroids (figuratively speaking).  Not as smart or sophisticated as he thinks he is, he ends up in situations that spin out of control but still turn out in his favor due largely to sheer luck.

Honestly, why Sutter hasn't killed almost everyone and renamed the show "Clay!" is beyond me.  They wouldn't even need scripts.  Just film documentary style and follow Perlman around as he does awesome Perlman-like things.

• Like 1

Agreed. This show is just awful viewing now. It's Dexter-like in that I've invested far too much time into it and need closure to justify it.

Prediction is that Jax ends up getting locked up for a while, end episode is a flash forward to fifteen or so years later when he gets out, and one of the kids starts reading the letters/diaries of JT and then also Ja and the cycle continues.....