DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

I could've tolerated the Belfast season if the club had actually gotten any blowback for the killings of Jimmy O and Stahl. Thought Potter was actually going to address it in Season 4, but he never got around to it and that irritated the shit out of me.

I had held onto some hope that maybe Juice would get through this season unscathed, but with what he just did, I'm pretty sure Jax is going to offer him(and/or Tig) up as a sacrificial lamb when the war breaks out between the Sons and Nero's crew and he dies horribly.

I didn't like most of the Belfast season because I could never understand what the fuck anyone was saying. When they got back to America, I was fine, and it had my favorite season finale. Season 2 was great, except that it ended with the bullshit of Jax's son being kidnapped, which lead to the first part of the Belfast season that annoyed the shit out of me. Season 4 was great up until the completely flat ending. Season 5 ended in such a way that everything was going too nice and neat, and then came the end, which was such a let down. So far, this season has yet to excite me.

• Like 1

Every second of Belfast screamed "free dream vacation for Kurt Sutter!". That whole ending on the last season got my eyes rolling. Pretty simple. Cut th' bitch loose. Makes for bad TV but whatever. That also seemed like the kind of ending contract renegotiaters dream of. Is this back though? Part of me wants to watch each week like Game o' Thrones. The other part hates waiting and wants to splurge in February 2014. Either way, if anything interesting occurs, Google news will ruin it.PS NEW EASTBOUND NEXT SUNDAY

This episode definitely had some head scratching moments. They certainly are going all the way Toric being just as bad as the MC. I guess he wants to frame and flip Nero here.

Was that really goodbye Tig? If so that's an anticlimactic exit. If I know Sutter he'll get a grizzly death to start the next episode. After the death of Pope I don't get why the Sons are even still scarred of the black gang. They got plenty of backup with Nero's crew and now Robocop's crew.

So what Bobby is starting a competing club? He's approaching who cares at this point.

Tara asking Gemma if she can keep a secret was an eye rolling moment.

So Clay stabbed the Aryan dude for the black prison guys?

My favorite part was Donal Logue shooting the woman.  So ridiculous and nonsensical that I loved it.

That was kinda disturbing to me, actually.  Not in that I was disgusted by it or anything, but the way the blood splattered on the carped and the slug bounced on the carpet after going thru her head... seemed too accurate & real. 

Oh, I mostly meant the first shot.  I mean, he had been nervous and grabbed the gun, but then he looked out the window and saw it was CCH Pounder, so you'd think he would stop being in fear for his life.  But no, he goes ahead and shoots the person he knew was in the room with him.

As soon as that happened I knew how Logue's character arch would end. Just so obvious he'd have a body on him. It worked on The Shield because of all the twists and turns that would happen when something like that occurred, but SOA? Not so much.

As if there was any doubt that Clay was the biggest babyface on the show... tonight's episode just confirms that.

I thought this was the best episode in a while. They actually justified having 90 minutes. Good stuff. I just don't know how the rest of the season plays out.

Thank you Sons of Anarchy for letting me experience a rare moment with my wife when I was right in seeing that yes, motherfuckin' Darby was still alive. I'm also happy that they pushed the reset button on a stupid storyline, but how many times is Sutter going to be able to keep pushing the reset button? This being SOA and all, you know it's going to happen at least one more time this season. For someone who fancies himself as a great writer, you would think that he could at least go back and rewrite some of this dumb shit out instead of constantly changing directions. The only other alternative is to pull a page out of the Strike Team's playbook and have the be smarter than everyone else, except that most people in SAMCRO are fucking stupid as hell. Jax included.

And yeah, Clay is making the most out of this Vic Mackey-ish face turn. 

By the way, since spin-off shows are seemingly all the rage once again, would anyone be down for a Nomads spin-off?

EDIT: Really, I think I just want SOA to be about the hijinks Bobby, Chibs, Juice, and the other new Nomads get themselves into.

By the way, since spin-off shows are seemingly all the rage once again, would anyone be down for a Nomads spin-off?EDIT: Really, I think I just want SOA to be about the hijinks Bobby, Chibs, Juice, and the other new Nomads get themselves into.

Don't forget the well traveled Robert Patrick and the kid from Nip Tuck. They threw those guys in last night with little to no introduction. Is Bobby still on good terms with the club? They are losing members left and right and he just bails? Lame.

By the way, since spin-off shows are seemingly all the rage once again, would anyone be down for a Nomads spin-off?EDIT: Really, I think I just want SOA to be about the hijinks Bobby, Chibs, Juice, and the other new Nomads get themselves into.

Don't forget the well traveled Robert Patrick and the kid from Nip Tuck. They threw those guys in last night with little to no introduction.Is Bobby still on good terms with the club? They are losing members left and right and he just bails? Lame.

It's because Jax is a dick.

EDIT: And you have to love the irony of Jax's original intentions being to get the club to be just a motorcycle club, and yet here's Bobby pulling that off without hardly any problems. 

Count me in on the Bobby spin off, I commented on this a couple pages back!

Towards the end I was thinking, they've not had any new prospects in like 3 series.  Then I realised thats because they ALL FUCKING DIE!!!!  Juice seems like the last prospect to get patched.  They really need a new sales pitch.

"Hey, want to join our club? The survival rate is 0%"

Jesus this is every Son ever. Note the difference between current and former members:

Prospects

Former Members

First 9

Full Patches

Prospects