DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

Count me as another vote for Kim Coates dropping the ball with his reaction in that scene.  That was some baaaaad acting from a guy who should've known better.  

For me, the pivotal moment of the show was a two-fer, when Agent Stahl coldly shot her partner/lover just to get ahead, and then soon after received an even colder execution herself.  That hit me hard and haunted me afterwards.  

I haven't heard much news about the upcoming season, any new actors joining the show?  I know that Donal Logue will be having a bigger role then he had last season but that was pretty much a given.  I assume there'll be a few characters that are prison guards/fellow inmates of Tara/Clay in their respective incarcerations.

I haven't heard much news about the upcoming season, any new actors joining the show?  I know that Donal Logue will be having a bigger role then he had last season but that was pretty much a given.  I assume there'll be a few characters that are prison guards/fellow inmates of Tara/Clay in their respective incarcerations.

CCH Pounder and, I'm not sure if this should be spoiled or not, but also

PETER. F'N. WELLER

. Given his involvement, I'm sure he's playing a villain.

There was an article going around a few weeks ago about the season premiere being "shocking" and "controversial" and something about a school shooting. After the article was up for an hour or so it disappeared.

Sutter said he's had the idea for the last few years based on something that happened at that time. When the "shocking" and "controversial" buzz words were thrown out there though, a bunch of people jumped on the school shooting from earlier this year. Everyone ignores that first part about this being conceived 2 or 3 years ago. It could be a school shooting, but it's just as likely it's something else.

My guess is it's something related to Fast and Furious (the FBI program, not the movie) and some federal or border agents get waxed by dudes in the cartel. There was also the kamikaze style attack in Austin, the mass bombing and shooting in Norway, the gunman attack that involved Gabby Giffords, and all of the attacks by the Mexican drug cartels. Maybe someone in the Galindo cartel kidnaps an important figure in the show and beheads them.

Whatever it is though, it's supposed to be the lighting of the fuse that takes us all the way through to next season's series finale.

Sutter said he's had the idea for the last few years based on something that happened at that time. When the "shocking" and "controversial" buzz words were thrown out there though, a bunch of people jumped on the school shooting from earlier this year. Everyone ignores that first part about this being conceived 2 or 3 years ago. It could be a school shooting, but it's just as likely it's something else.My guess is it's something related to Fast and Furious (the FBI program, not the movie) and some federal or border agents get waxed by dudes in the cartel. There was also the kamikaze style attack in Austin, the mass bombing and shooting in Norway, the gunman attack that involved Gabby Giffords, and all of the attacks by the Mexican drug cartels. Maybe someone in the Galindo cartel kidnaps an important figure in the show and beheads them.Whatever it is though, it's supposed to be the lighting of the fuse that takes us all the way through to next season's series finale.

Dom Toretto rolling in and giving shit to Clay about his bike being a "Crotch Rocket" can only improve this show.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I liked it. More than anything, I want to nitpick it to death. 

So, for starters, Tig is STILL on the hook for running down Pope's daughter, so what the fuck was the point of killing Pope if it didn't wrap up that storyline? Now we have to go through the same shit all over again.

The school shooting was telegraphed to hell with that creepy kid.

Jax lets the dirtiest fucking people watch his kids.

Jax is also in disbelief that Jemma, JEMMA, of all people would rat out Tara to make sure that Jemma doesn't lose contact with Abel and Thomas.

Why the fuck doesn't Otto just kill himself?

How the fuck does a retired US Marshall have so much swing, especially considering that Marshall was run out for being a psycho?

Tara admits to being an accomplice to the murder of Toric's sister, and it's recorded, but, eh, whatever, why slow down that plotline with those details?

Toric is a fucking junkie. Like, for real? Jesus.

Tara beats up an inmate guaranteeing that she doesn't get out when she so desperately wants to get out.

Jax has the weakest amount of willpower when it comes to pussy.

And then there's the school shooting, which will be the impetus for the club to give up guns. The close up shot of the kid's notebook, hell, the whole shooting itself was so uncharacteristic for this show. It makes no fucking sense. Not to mention the fact that for me, it feels like it trivializes school shootings.

I'll try and tackle some of those...

The new guy in charge of Pope's crew can't let what Tig did slide or he looks weak as hell when he needs to look strong. Shit some of Pope's family is likely still involved in the gang and calling for blood.

Maybe if Dave Navarro was a better father that kid wouldn't be so fucked up!

I'm guessing most of the club can come and go at Jax house with Tara locked up. That being said Jax is a terrible father.

Gemma didn't go to the cops. She's old school and wouldn't do that.

How do you propose Otto kill himself in solitary?

Tara hasn't went to court yet so that tape could still come up. Plus she said she just wanted to talk not help him commit murder.

Donal Louge doing heroin was unnecessary but he did just violently lose his sister on top of already being a little unstable. Plus it goes to show there aren't many "good" guys in the SOA world.

Do we know Tara will get in trouble for beating that bitch? No guards were around...

Jax is a bad guy. Cheating on his wife is like the 43rd most fucked up thing he's done.

Anyone else think Tig was going to fuck that guy after he drowned him in that tub of piss? What a sentence, Kurt Sutter is one sick mofo.

Hey basic cable/FX show me some fucking lady nipple already! Basic cable is a parade of man ass.

I'm just mainly wondering if and when Powers Boothe will ever show up considering the sheer amount of Deadwood alumni that have already been on the show.

The school shooting felt gratuitous and beyond overkill for a show where almost everybody is an unlikeable manipulative and/or murderous scumbag anyways. Isn't shit bleak enough in their scuzzy little world?

Yeah, add me to those that was certain Tig was going to stuff that freshly drowned corpse.

When I saw the tub of pee, I immediately thought to myself, "welp, someone's definitely going in that. It's just a matter of who..." It was sorta like when WCW would have those Nitro's from a Spring Break location and you just knew someone was going to take a swim.

And yeah, I don't think the school shooting was necessary at all. Seemed like Sutter was going for shock value for the sake of shock value. Maybe he'll be able to tie into the story nicely but I don't know, man.

Not enough Clay on the show. Although with how things are going, I actually could see him turning full fledged babyface by the show's end. And that's how it should be.

What ultimoDANK said. I can just dick around on the computer and look up to watch people get drowned in piss, buttfucked in prison, and bite their tongues off (at least we got spared the daughter getting burned in the intro, jesus) and not really think too much of it. To steal a term from JBL, this is bizarro world and I just kind of accept whatever happens now without much internal conflict. After Opie ate it I think I can just accept this show going full latter-seasons Dexter, only I'll be able to watch it, unlike Dexter.

Hey basic cable/FX show me some fucking lady nipple already! Basic cable is a parade of man ass.

This is kind of off topic, but are they even allowed to show lady nipple?  With all the crazy violence and man ass, why the fuck can't they?