DVDVR Message Board

Men of Mayhem - Sons of Anarchy Thread

RonL21

I can't help but thinking this season would have been way better having pulled a Boardwalk Empire and being cut down. It's an idea, anyway, and I don't know if it would have really worked given that SOA is such an overkill kinda show (pardon the pun), but there it is. 

Besides that... what an episode. Everybody killed it, especially Juice, who had three separate full segments to underline the tightening of the noose around everyone's necks. 

Wow. That episode. Such a kick to the gut. It's been awhile since I really cared about these characters, but last night brought me back in. I feel so bad for Abel. No matter what, Jax is going to prison or he's going to die, leaving Abel and Thomas without a father. Rossi and Smits were amazing, though. I thought Juice's grim foreshadowing of the events to come was the high point of the acting in this episode, and that's saying a lot, but then Jimmy Smits topped it. The cut away to Smits' face on the phone as Jax tells him the details of Tara's murder was amazing.

Do we have 1 or 2 more episodes left?

Wow. That episode. Such a kick to the gut. It's been awhile since I really cared about these characters, but last night brought me back in. I feel so bad for Abel. No matter what, Jax is going to prison or he's going to die, leaving Abel and Thomas without a father. Rossi and Smits were amazing, though. I thought Juice's grim foreshadowing of the events to come was the high point of the acting in this episode, and that's saying a lot, but then Jimmy Smits topped it. The cut away to Smits' face on the phone as Jax tells him the details of Tara's murder was amazing.

Do we have 1 or 2 more episodes left?

Whoever made the decision to focus on Nero's reaction on the phone and not Jax' telling of the situation deserves a goddamn raise. That was brilliant.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently so. Once again, Jimmy Smits takes the whole show on his shoulders and carries it. I will now collect money from several friends with whom I bet that you-know-who wouldn't last to the final episode.

Sooooooo...

Is Jax willingly asking for a Mayhem vote? That's...a little weird. That whole deal was kinda shrouded in mystery, so who knows.

I got the impression he had the same attitude as Gemma, in that he realized he'd done so much bad shit he deserved it and that if anyone was going to kill him it should be his own "family".  I'm also assuming the new rule he was asking about was the no blacks policy so that the Grim Bastards guys could get patched over?