DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 12/26/14

victor

It's already been taped, Smackdown looks like an average show.

* Hulk Hogan kicks off SmackDown to a big pop. He lets everyone know he’s running SmackDown for the night. Seth Rollins interrupts and says Hogan is the reason he got into the business. Rollins then says Hogan doesn’t deserve to be in the ring anymore because it’s all about Rollins. Dolph Ziggler comes out to defend Hogan. Big Show comes out and threatens to knockout Ziggler and Hogan. Roman Reigns comes out next and Hogan makes Rollins and Show vs. Reigns and Ziggler for the main event.

* Kane vs. Ryback starts slow until Rusev comes out for the distraction. Ryback knocks Rusev off the apron and avoids a chokeslam by Kane. Ryback hits Shellshocked for the win. After the match, Rusev and Kane beat down Ryback pretty bad.

* Hulk Hogan confronts Rusev and says he will be defending the United States Title later tonight.

* Naomi defeated Alicia Fox in a pretty quick match.

* R-Truth vs. Adam Rose is up next. The Bunny did not come out and Rose didn’t do his usual crowd surfing, he instead waved off the Rosebuds. Rose defeated Truth with his finisher.

* Lana and Rusev come out for a promo. Dean Ambrose vs. Rusev for the United States Title is next. Bray Wyatt ends up interfering after a great match. They fight out of the ring and Ambrose tosses Wyatt over the announce table. Ambrose gets tossed into the timekeeper’s area. Ambrose hits Wyatt with a steel chair and Bray goes into the ring. Ambrose fills the ring with steel chairs but Wyatt retreats.

* The Miz vs. Jimmy Uso is next with their partners at ringside. The Miz tries to leave after getting beat up most of the match but Jimmy brings him back to the ring. Miz tries to shake hands but Jimmy hits two superkicks and a splash for the win.

* Backstage promo from Stardust and Goldust.

* Backstage segment with Hogan talking to Reigns and Ziggler.

* Dolph Ziggler and Roman Reigns vs. Big Show and Seth Rollins was mostly back and forth until Rollins took control of Reigns and had him hurt. Ziggler finally got a hot tag after getting beat up and Reigns came back in to spear Rollins for the win. Ziggler and Reigns celebrated with fans at ringside to end the show.

Main Event Spoilers:  Looks okay.:

* Cesaro and Tyson Kidd defeated Los Matadores and dominated the match.

* Brie Bella won a quick match over Summer Rae with a missile dropkick.

* Big E defeated Stardust after Goldust accidentally knocked Stardust off the top rope.

* Luke Harper defeated Jack Swagger in a really good match. They both kicked out of the others big moves but Harper won with a huge clothesline.

What is that 10 losses in a row for Rollins? He'll be lucky to get a mid card match at Mania at this rate. I think every face in the company has a win over Rollins except the guy who feuded with him for 6 months. Ambrose/Rusev sounds like it's worth checking out.

What is that 10 losses in a row for Rollins? He'll be lucky to get a mid card match at Mania at this rate. I think every face in the company has a win over Rollins except the guy who feuded with him for 6 months. Ambrose/Rusev sounds like it's worth checking out.

Rollins beat Cena last Monday.

rollinswonlol

Brie winning with a missile dropkick seems like someone in creative reads this board and is trying to get on our good side.

I guess we know who Matt will be touting for March Madness.

Depends on how hard she was concentrating during said dropkick.

Brie winning with a missile dropkick seems like someone in creative reads this board and is trying to get on our good side.

Only if the more detailed set of spoilers has her joining the Studd Stable before the dropkick.  Hopefully, the finish was distraction by Col. Parker, Meng ran in, feinted the KICK OF FEAR, and Summer Rae walked into the missile dropkick while trying to dodge Meng.

• Like 1

He was very well protected up to Survivor Series, but it's a time-honored tradition for the MITB winner to job to everyone. It probably means his cash-in moment is officially planned.

He was very well protected up to Survivor Series, but it's a time-honored tradition for the MITB winner to job to everyone. It probably means his cash-in moment is officially planned.

This is to get him ready for all his future losses as champ in pretty much every multi man and non title match he will be in and dq wins and authority assisted wins otherwise.

I'm 100% sure he will be a title less face before the end of 2015.

This was a show. Seth losing sucks, but I dig his new-ish gear. Loved seeing him share a ring with Hogan, put him over, and get a handshake. He went from being a Ring of Honor World Champion to that, and while it's come with some iffy gear, a generic theme and tron, and Billy and Chuck's logo being used for him, at least he finally feels like a top guy - even if HHH still feels like the actual top heel. We need more Ambrose-Rusev matches too, as that was easily Rusev's best match yet. Shame Dean is being wasted, because he's such a special talent and should be getting Roman's push right now. Loved Rusev getting BROTHERed and Hogan adding a sister in there for Lana too.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/12/wwe-sd-12-26-14.html

Screens -

0c29d7376626928.jpg

9aeed6376627029.jpg

a23d16376627041.jpg

7eac41376627060.jpg

a0bcea376627285.jpg

64f430376627399.jpg

c3daa4376627431.jpg

90d192376627468.jpg

b2d572376627713.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/rw48pmk57po7rtnx84wwg54xz54vif99

The IWC shitting all over Reigns puzzles me no end. No, he isn't Nick Bockwinkel, but he's perfectly fine in his role as a power guy. The tag match was all sorts of good, even with Big Show slowing things down. I'm not going to say that Reigns is the next Rock, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he were. The dude has IT in spades.

• Like 5

The issue is that we like Ambrose more and it's a zero sum game. Hell, it was reported earlier in the year that Cesaro was depushed and his babyface turn cooled off because they only wanted to push one major guy at a time and that guy was Reigns, and if we like Ambrose more than him, we like Cesaro WAY more than him. That said, I'm a sucker for the "punching the ground" thing.

tumblr_inline_mmsdbhI3Zp1qz4rgp.gif

And this:

DoMY5ry.gif

• Like 1

Reigns has more appeal than Ambrose. If the end goal is to make more viewers, Reigns smile would make women watch if they had him do a promotional tour.

Ambrose annoys the shit out of me because he sells everything like goddamn Taz. Not everything deserves a 'ffugkgdhkursxwsgijcjnhyo!!!!!' face.

• Like 1

Reigns has more appeal than Ambrose. If the end goal is to make more viewers, Reigns smile would make women watch if they had him do a promotional tour.

Ambrose annoys the shit out of me because he sells everything like goddamn Taz. Not everything deserves a 'ffugkgdhkursxwsgijcjnhyo!!!!!' face.

Yeah, but none of us have WWE stock.

I'll take Barrett over Reigns too if that helps? Part of the problem is that they're utilizing Reigns poorly. The guy has a natural easy-going charisma but he's terrible at the scripted promos. 

Dean has become very one-dimensional with his matches over the last month or two.  They are all brawls and street fights but lack any motivation.  He is slotting himself in the mid-card as a wildman who just has street fights/cage matches. 

Mick came off as a lovable, goofy guy that did crazy things.  Dean is this crazy guy who does the same things week after week.