DVDVR Message Board

The "Bill Cosby is a monster" thread.

Reed

I'd like to say things have gotten better but R Kelly still has a career.

And this is the same man that Chicago school boards actually had to ban from being in the vicinity of every high school.

Do you guys remember when R. Kelly tried to claim it was his brother in the tape?  What the hell does he do come Thanksgiving?  Want to feel really creepy?  Go through his catalog and see how many of your favorite songs could be some sort of euphemism for his preference for teenagers...you will start deleting songs from you iPod. 

• Like 1

I'd like to say things have gotten better but R Kelly still has a career.

And this is the same man that Chicago school boards actually had to ban from being in the vicinity of every high school.

Do you guys remember when R. Kelly tried to claim it was his brother in the tape?  What the hell does he do come Thanksgiving?  Want to feel really creepy?  Go through his catalog and see how many of your favorite songs could be some sort of euphemism for his preference for teenagers...you will start deleting songs from you iPod. 

It really is a travesty that R Kelly hasn't done serious jail time. If even 10% of what is rumored about this guy is true...fucking hell.

• Like 1

There are false rape accusations, but the idea it's a major problem is paranoid nonsense. It's somewhere between 2% and 6%. If that's what you're getting at.

Mike Tyson? Polanksi? There was plenty of evidence. They were convicted. R Kelly and Cosby...the amount of accusations speak for themselves. Man, R Kelly even sings about his misdeeds!

It's not going on some Nancy Grace-like witchhunt to point this stuff out or believe women when they say this.

• Like 1

Not really my point, I'm serious in asking, have you ever thought someone was innocent?

I know people say "well we're not in court." But unless you are a convicted felon, chances are you could be on a jury and I don't see how you can turn off an assumption of guilt like it is a light switch.

Just saw a picture of Cosby's daughter, who recently publically came to her dad's defense.

She's cute. Wonder if she'd like to come over to the house for a cappuccino? (completely kidding, kinda trying to make a point here)

gagafall.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/01/08/cosby_date_rape_joke_accused_comedian_reportedly_referenced_allegations.html?wpsrc=fol_tw

So, things have gotten to a point where one of America's most prolific sex offenders ever (not confirmed, but who are we kidding?) can joke about his atrocities in his act and get the audience massively cheering for it.

That's some Black Mirror shit right there.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/01/08/cosby_date_rape_joke_accused_comedian_reportedly_referenced_allegations.html?wpsrc=fol_tw

So, things have gotten to a point where one of America's most prolific sex offenders ever (not confirmed, but who are we kidding?) can joke about his atrocities in his act and get the audience massively cheering for it.

That's some Black Mirror shit right there.

That's the funniest line Cosby's said in decades.

Cosby's irredeemable, of course. But I do think if you find yourself paying money to go along to a show where a comedian is actually bragging about raping women and getting away with it, it might be time to reconsider your life choices.

Unless perhaps, the audience were cheering because they got a taped confession and intend to send it to the police ASAP.

• Like 1

Just saw a picture of Cosby's daughter, who recently publically came to her dad's defense.

She's cute. Wonder if she'd like to come over to the house for a cappuccino? (completely kidding, kinda trying to make a point here)

gagafall.gif

Still hilarious?

Not really my point, I'm serious in asking, have you ever thought someone was innocent?

I know people say "well we're not in court." But unless you are a convicted felon, chances are you could be on a jury and I don't see how you can turn off an assumption of guilt like it is a light switch.

I've always thought Tyson was innocent. Not because I believe he's above it, but because of when he said "if id known i was going to prison, I would've raped her...".