DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-8-14 - Slammys 2014

MGFanJay

Roman getting the "DIE ROMAN DIE" chants and signs may be the best thing for his career. It turned Rocky Maivia into the Rock. At the very least, maybe Roman would stop sounding so...rapey.

Miz and Mizdow continue to be the best act not named Rusev in the WWE right now. I laughed heartily when Mizdow did a headstand during the vertical suplex spot.

I also have to say that Swagger has been pretty good at showing emotion lately which is something he has always struggled with.

Someone might starting calling their Finisher "The Brass Ring."

They can revive the King of the Ring and call it King of the Brass Ring with the winning having to carry around a huge brass ring.

Which they can cash in at any time in exchange for an honest-to-goodness WWE push (ie. being built up to be fed to Cena). The ceremonial cashing in of the brass ring involves them bowing on one knee before Vince McMahon and presenting him with the ring, saying "I kneel before you having grasped your brass ring, and I now exchange it for confirmation that I have 'it'". Vince either takes the ring or presents to them his own ring (ie. his anus) for a kiss, which equals a failed brass ring cash-in.

• Like 3

"DEAN AMBROSE SUFFERED A SEVERE TRACHEA INJURY!!!"

"Oh no, wait, there he is, he's fine"

Fun trivia: In the past 10 years what's the longest anyone's been out for an injury angle where they didn't have a legit injury and weren't filming a movie?

(I don't have the answer)

So I fast forwarded through a lot of the slammy stuff. Did I miss Reigns getting booed when he was announced because I only listened to the tail end of his speech and the crowd seemed to like him still.

The narrative is no one like Reigns and he's just getting shoved down everyone's throats.

If you're winning Superstar of the Year, your first live appearance in months should blow the fucking roof off the place, not be "hey, they kinda seem to like him". Compared to Bryan two weeks ago or Ambrose on the same show, it was basically nothing. It felt like a "hey, this guy is back, that's kinda cool". But that's what New Day got. He's supposedly gonna be main eventing Mania.

I wonder how often WWE public relations is talking to some company or group about personal appearances and the person they're talking to is like.."Ok, um...sure...Yeah Romanwhatever, ....but is Mizdow not available that day or can we get Mizdow?? OMG can I talk to Mizdow right now!!!!?????"

• Like 1

Haven't seen most of Raw yet, but am quite annoyed about Ambrose returning.  I'm a fan of the guy, but it is way too soon for a return.  So it could be one of two things:

-The doctor was right and he had that injury.  Alvarez was spot on in talking about what a crushed trachea is all about.  Steamboat had that leading up to WM3 and it was long ordeal shown on WWF TV for months.  Ambrose coming back in less than a week all like "I'm fine" is absurd.

-The doctor was wrong and Ambrose didn't have it nearly as bad as they thought.  Which to me sounds like a misdiagnosis.  Given all the shit that was said about Doctor Amann from Punk, do you really want make the doc sound like a complete numbskull?  That's just not a wise idea.

Given the two options I guess the doc being wrong would make more sense.  Either way, way too soon for Ambrose.  If they had to, why not have him be a surprise for TLC?  Bray comes out saying how he took Dean out, and maybe the surprise would have been a bit more meaningful.

It seems like an admission that people are tired of Bray's promos and they haven't really moved him forward at all. They couldn't think of one week's worth of stuff for him to do carrying the feud alone.  And they don't seem to have enough babyface jobbers to throw out their for a heel to destroy to get heat when the guy he's feuding with is out.

Hell, I used to love Bray and I pretty much FF past his talking now and just check to see who ends up sneak-attacking who and move on to the next thing.

I mean, they must have sat in the writer's room and thought about what Bray could do and after awhile someone was like "Maybe Dean could just come back...?"

• Like 1

Charlotte losing clearly establishes a pecking order, where RAW Divas > NXT divas, I think that's all they were going for.  Sure she's a big fish in NXT's pond so she dominates there ( and has beaten Natalya in her house), but she's not gonna dominate the main roster so easily.  To me it signified that Charlotte has grown too big for NXT and may be on the main roster soon.  They are just building some tension and rivalries for her main roster jump, so she has a motivation to climb the WWE ladder now.  If anything it makes me think Sasha is taking the title thursday, and Charlotte is main roster bound.

I thought this was obvious, and so I really don't get the confusion over Charlotte losing.

Roman getting the "DIE ROMAN DIE" chants and signs may be the best thing for his career. It turned Rocky Maivia into the Rock. At the very least, maybe Roman would stop sounding so...rapey.

I was thinking the exact same thing.  It would also be great, being that he's getting shoved as the next Rocky.  But he's just so awful right now. 

The ambulance thing was pretty awful and overdone, I thought.  The smoke was just silly.  I don't think Ambrose should be a big effects type.  Agreed that he should just be running around in stolen cars and stuff.

I can't say I got a lot out of this show.  I'm sick of big clusterfuck tag matches.  The main event was pure fast forward material.  I dug Cena's "fuck all y'all kids!" promo.

No one is authorized to "SELL" any injuries or be off TV for more than a week. It's horrible. No one gets hurt, no one sells anything, nothing matters at all.

With the network I know we will never go to LESS PPV's, but man, it's just overload and rushed story lines. Nothing breaths anymore.

Since Reigns already plays the "too school for school" face I'd like to see him pull a reverse Rocky Maivia and slowly morph into a turquoise attired fresh faced goof.  

Why have Charlotte wrestle a Raw Diva on Raw if she has to lose? Just have her wrestle Becky Lynch. Or shit, let her beat Summer Rae and AJ can beat Natalya. 

So, so stupid. Look at this jobber with a nothing belt that can't beat the woman she be the belt because it's Raw and that changes things I guess! Flair's daughter can't beat fart girl, Maggle! Don't miss NXT ON THE WWE NETWORK

I skipped around the show because I really only wanted to see her debut, stopped on a random moment to hear Cole shout 'It's Big Show, Erik Rowan's nemesis.' 

It's so weird to watch a clip of the Shield breaking up, the last time I was probably actually invested in what was happening, and realize that it wasn't all that long ago.

I feel like they're punishing us for watching right now, so I think I'm gonna take the standard internet 'why watch if u HATE IT' response's advice and take a break. Time to tap out until the Rumble.

Look, if Bray can have a smoking lantern, and Steve Austin can have a smoking skull, why can't Dean have a smoking ambulance?  I don't see an issue here.    I do like the idea that Dean was smoking meth, cooked by the one and only Undertaker.  Taker as Heisenberg, Dean as Jessie.  Yeah, I just made your fucking company a million and one dollars Vince.  Call the team Taking Bad.  

• Like 1

I, uh, I totally enjoyed the Roman Reigns appearance and speech.  Crowd was super excited for him to win and come back, his promo was well-done.  I'm looking forward to his return.

No, if you're on the internet, you have to pretend Roman didn't get a huge pop last night and that you don't like him because he does nothing but running striking moves or something.

• Like 4

No, if you're on the internet, you have to pretend Roman didn't get a huge pop last night and that you don't like him because he does nothing but running striking moves or something.

Yes even when posting from a board where he made the semifinals during March Madness. After all you can only be a star in this business with high workrate matches.

• Like 1

I wonder how often WWE public relations is talking to some company or group about personal appearances and the person they're talking to is like.."Ok, um...sure...Yeah Romanwhatever, ....but is Mizdow not available that day or can we get Mizdow?? OMG can I talk to Mizdow right now!!!!?????"

It sounds like the CM Punk stuff.  "Hey, we want CM Punk for the video game cover." "No, you don't.  You want Sheamus."

No one is authorized to "SELL" any injuries or be off TV for more than a week. It's horrible. No one gets hurt, no one sells anything, nothing matters at all.

Again, given what Punk said about how much time he got off for real injuries, it is no surprise that fake injuries get even less.

With the network I know we will never go to LESS PPV's, but man, it's just overload and rushed story lines. Nothing breaths anymore.

Welcome to the Millennial's Instant Gratification.