DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-8-14 - Slammys 2014

MGFanJay

Seriously, what was up with that ambulance? Was there any attempt to explain why Dean was arriving from the set of a Sisters of Mercy video?

That was hilarious. Even in the longshot, you could see the inside was completely smoke-filled.

cb5852370692037.jpg

c679f6370692078.jpg

e4f673370723556.jpg

Maybe he was lighting some shit up before appearing.  Maybe RVD was back there with him.

Seriously, what was up with that ambulance? Was there any attempt to explain why Dean was arriving from the set of a Sisters of Mercy video?

That was hilarious. Even in the longshot, you could see the inside was completely smoke-filled.

cb5852370692037.jpg

c679f6370692078.jpg

e4f673370723556.jpg

Maybe he was lighting some shit up before appearing.  Maybe RVD was back there with him.

What the cameras didn't catch was Jeff Spicoli falling out of the ambulance.

• Like 1

It would have looked better if Ambrose showed up in a 1982 Datsun 210 with a tri-color paint job. With one of the colors being rust.

He should have showed up on the bike he stole from an elementary school.

222814_ts.jpg

Dean would have a shiv hidden in the pink styrofoam pad.

The shivs are on the other ends of the streamers, kids these days aren't fuckin around

• Like 1

Good to see Charlotte on Raw, pretty solid shortened to 2 minutes match w/ Natalya, great finish. Mizdow was on fire tonight, loved the stunt suplex. Glad to see RVD back even if just for the night and Jericho being back next week to host. Surprised to see Reigns win Superstar of the Year, didn't think he had much chance. Pretty good ending build to TLCS.

New Day could be a good opening act.  They were able to pop the crowd some during the matches.  Not getting beyond that though.

Roman Reigns is going to be turned on so hard when he comes back- WWE is going to try to shove him down people's throats so hard, and I think that will be the last straw for some folks.

That said, RAW had to be better then average tonight- I didn't shut it off until almost 10.  Usually I can only stand 1 hr of it these days.

RAW completely sapped what energy I had and I just woke up from the coma it put me in. I skipped the last hour because God this show was so boring outside of Mizdow being so awesome. Miz claiming the award and being a complete asshole and Mizdow miming him had me laughing so hard.

I was plesantly surprised to see Charlotte on RAW. Confused by her losing, but Tyson celebrating like he just won and Nattie just going with it made up for it.

Dean's magical mystery ambulance was great. I love how the WWE always uses the same shitty ambulance wav file for any ambulance they bring into an arena. Then it being all smoke filled and back lit was just too damn funny. I'm surprised no one mentioned how Dean chucked a chair into the ring and the leg smacked Bray right in the head like a dart. I'm interested in seeing their match even if it has no meaning what so ever.

So Reigns won superstar of the year. Figures they would do that. He's gonna be getting DIE ROMAN DIE chants around Wrestlemania if they're stupid enough to do him vs. Brock for the title.

LoL brass ring.

• Like 3

Roman Reigns is going to be turned on so hard when he comes back- WWE is going to try to shove him down people's throats so hard, and I think that will be the last straw for some folks.

with the rumble being in philly i can see things getting rather ugly for him

hopefully he took some tips from batista on how to deal with it

So I fast forwarded through a lot of the slammy stuff. Did I miss Reigns getting booed when he was announced because I only listened to the tail end of his speech and the crowd seemed to like him still.

The narrative is no one like Reigns and he's just getting shoved down everyone's throats.

• Like 3

Alvarez has been spot on about everything lately. Meltz being pissed about Charlotte losing was hysterical but so true.

I assume NXT is totally HHH's thing, and if I'm wrong, tell me. If it is, then wouldn't it be in HHH's interest to protect his NXT Women's champ before a "big show" on the network?

I know we all assume WWE is about crushing you then building you up, but how does it make sense to have Charlotte go against everything she does in NXT and not just work like in NXT to say, "this the kind of action you can only see on the Network" or something like that.

Why doesn't HHH protect his rostered NXT folks? seems weird to me.

Cena sucks.

Alvarez describing this show as actively trying to get you to stop watching WWE is the most accurate thing ever.

I will maintain the biggest issue booking wise is that they are doing too much shit. If everyone is important (sans the champions) who the fuck is really important?

But the Charlotte thing made me chuckle. She's supposed to be some new, young prospect but looked like she was one of the other diva's mom. Nattie always look like that too. Doesn't help that NXT doesn't condition it's workers to have short matches. I mean, most matches on all if the main roster shows are under five minutes.

The Charlotte thing was amusing because it made zero sense. It wasn't the end of the world, but it personifies everything wrong with current WWE.

-short match (check)

-zero build (check)

-titleholder loses in non-title matchup (check)

-new star comes off as unimportant and just another wrestler on day one (check)

• Like 2

Charlotte losing clearly establishes a pecking order, where RAW Divas > NXT divas, I think that's all they were going for.  Sure she's a big fish in NXT's pond so she dominates there ( and has beaten Natalya in her house), but she's not gonna dominate the main roster so easily.  To me it signified that Charlotte has grown too big for NXT and may be on the main roster soon.  They are just building some tension and rivalries for her main roster jump, so she has a motivation to climb the WWE ladder now.  If anything it makes me think Sasha is taking the title thursday, and Charlotte is main roster bound.

Alvarez describing this show as actively trying to get you to stop watching WWE is the most accurate thing ever.

I will maintain the biggest issue booking wise is that they are doing too much shit. If everyone is important (sans the champions) who the fuck is really important?

It's not even they're important. They're all just... kinda interesting in a weird, wacky way. Nobody actually feels important, they all just feel like a bunch of crazy guys running around an asylum constantly doing the same tropes and catchphases every week.