DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-8-14 - Slammys 2014

MGFanJay

Seth Green appearing with Mizdow was great - Seth is so tiny! Dolph-Rollins was nothing. Seth won, so I guess Dolph gets the IC Title, or it was just 50/50 since Dolph beat him at the PPV. Hard to believe that Dolph not only main evented the last PPV, but won the main event and saved the company from tyranny. He might get the opener if he's lucky.

New Day's dead. Charlotte got a Raw match and lost against Nattie in a three minute rematch. This was a damn fine three minute match, but a terrible use of talent. Charlotte still came off like a star though. Wyatt rambled longer than the divas match, and then DEAN RETURNED FROM A CRUSHED TRACHEA! His entrance in a smoke machine-filled ambulance was nice to look at, but really goofy and made no sense given the nature of the injury.

Rowan-Harper helped no one and didn't build up either guy's PPV match any better. Rusev-Swagger stuff was good though - Rusev's selling for the ankle lock was fantastic. AJ-Summer was nothing. Awards were blah largely. Loved RVD returning though - that was a surprise. Fandango accepting for Jericho was stupid. YAY MORE MICK AND NOELLE! She's got a real future in WWE - she's already got presence just doing this stuff. Roman won Superstar of the Year for reasons. Show-Cena was nothing. Everyone brawled. Cena jumping for the curb stomp amuses me, and I liked his selling for the announce table powerbomb.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/12/wwe-raw-12-6-14-slammys.html

Screens - 

045992370679720.jpg

9212f6370692089.jpg

f769e7370698568.jpg 

d84e62370706045.jpg

c0125b370707680.jpg

Raw is Noelle
a024c2370707723.jpg

709c40370707740.jpg

Loosest sleeper ever

ab9a1a370713263.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/12icfnp8skiljpj6e7fwljs9jl2itudu

I enjoyed the show for what it was but some odd choices for noms and winners. I really felt Wyatts and The Shield from EC should have been on the MOTY list too.

This was cool:

jVooxRA.gif

This was the 2nd time they tried this.  The first time was less successful:

2430q40.gif

Something to do with the parking brake.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the show for what it was but some odd choices for noms and winners. I really felt Wyatts and The Shield from EC should have been on the MOTY list too.

This was cool:

jVooxRA.gif

I feel like I don't get this.

I get hokey wrestling, but this Dean Ambrose shit is too over the top for me. Maybe because they are trying to past it off as super duper serious business.

Cue people screaming about Reigns in 3....2.....1......

I like the Charlotte-Natty match.  The ending was a bit strange but I guess they are going with Natty for Charlotte's first feud.  I would have thought the WWE save that match for next year after Charlotte moves up to the big roster and they tease the family history as Charlotte cuts through the roster.

Mizdow was great once again.  

I understood the main since they telegraphed the end to TLC when the RR ended.

Not a bad show.

I missed last week's episode and most of this week's. Was it ever established why Noble and Mercury are still around? I thought they worked for the Authority. Are they now on Seth's personal payroll?

No, this wasn't covered - but sure. That does make sense.

This was cool:

jVooxRA.gif

I feel like I don't get this.

I get hokey wrestling, but this Dean Ambrose shit is too over the top for me. Maybe because they are trying to past it off as super duper serious business.

Obviously all the meth Ambrose is smoking in that ambulance cured his injury.

• Like 5

SUPERMANPUNCH MAGGLE SUPERMANPUNCH!

BIG RED!  BIG RED!

Get my nonexistent gun.

Guys, we were so close to making it through to the end of the Big Red era until suddenly Vince remembered.  I watched that match on PINS AND FUCKING NEEDLES and for like the first 75% it was like this...

Cole: And we start of and Big [NO!!!!!] blows exchanged [whew!]

Cole: and into the corner and BIG [AUUUUGGHHH!!] Boot right into Harper's face [ohthankChrist! We can do this, guys!!!]

Cole: and this is turning into a BIG [OMGFUCKINGNOFUCKTHS] night for Seth Green! [ican'tTakeMuchmoreofthis..wait I think we made it!]

JBL: BIG RED MAGGLE BIG RED IS OWN THE CASE!!!! [FUCK YOU STUPID CUNTFUCKER!!!!]

That was some cruel game trying to wait that out only to have them flood you with it at the last second, man.  It was like calling to see if you have to report for Jury Duty and they keep telling you to call back up until 11:00 that night and that last fucking time at 10:59, they're like "You will be reporting to the County Courthouse at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow.  You will be reimbursed $3.00 a week. Failure to appear will result in immediate implosion."

• Like 4

Ambrose is still #1, no matter what certain people possibly rigging things pretend.

(Seriously, that poll had Ambrose, Bryan, and Cena, and Ambrose had already won "breakout" star of the year. Come on...)

Charlotte vs. Nattie was just getting going and then it stops. Sigh. Why can't the divas ever have more time, even in special situations?

I'll gladly complain about Roman.  Stop shoving him down our throats so much.  He's not even active right now and hasn't won any major matches this year.  At least, be logical (I know that's asking a lot).  Daniel Bryan should've won, I guess.  He did beat 3 major stars in one night, clean.

I got every category right except Superstar of the year which was obviously worked. I mean, did anybody really vote for Reigns? Anybody?

What I learned today was evidently that first four months of the year when a scrappy underdog named Bryan was winning all our hearts and all our cheers was just a sweet fever dream and all the cool stuff - except Taker losing - happened in the last three months. Also, Roman Reigns is the best and greatest superstar there ever was despite not winning a single title, having a single memorable match, or being able to cut a sub-NXT level promo.

- RVD was driving the ambulance.  

- Charlotte losing to Nattie made zero sense.  But I loved Tyson's cat earred hoodie and his tweet about facetiming with his cats.

- Rusev needs a cryllic script "I broke Zeb's Leg"/"No More Zeb" t-shirt

- WWE twitter fucked up the category name for the LOL award.

I got every category right except Superstar of the year which was obviously worked. I mean, did anybody really vote for Reigns? Anybody?

What I learned today was evidently that first four months of the year when a scrappy underdog named Bryan was winning all our hearts and all our cheers was just a sweet fever dream and all the cool stuff - except Taker losing - happened in the last three months. Also, Roman Reigns is the best and greatest superstar there ever was despite not winning a single title, having a single memorable match, or being able to cut a sub-NXT level promo.

But he pauses now between "Beleee" and "that."  JUST LIKE THE ROCK PASUES BETWEEN "SMELL" and "WHATTHEROCKISCOOKIN"

HE'S GROWING INTO THE ROLE!!!

• Like 1