DVDVR Message Board

RIP Dimebag Darrell - 10 Years Ago

Zakk_Sabbath

I'm embarrassed we both remember both those fuckers' names. We should remember and celebrate Dime (and of course Lennon, not to mention Darby Crash and Razzle from Hanoi Rocks... weird day...) but also remember:

Mayhem - Damageplan head of security

Erin Halk - Venue staff

Nathan Bray - Audience member who died performing CPR on Dime

Who were also taken from us

Also we have to keep drum tech Kat Brooks, who thankfully is still with us, but was shot while trying to wrestle the gun away as well as their tour manager Chris Paluska, who was shot in the stomach but lived, in our thoughts

I still can't believe it's real let alone the fact that 10 years have passed. I was a senior in high school, and now I'm allegedly a grown man. I will never ever ever be able to play like Dime but I hope I can be half the man he was. I have never heard or read a bad word about that guy.

• Like 1

I was thinking about this on the way to work this morning.

I think the worst part of it wasn't losing the music (I think Pat is a way better singer than Phil) or anything like that. It was that Dime was like fucking harmless. You see videos of him or interviews about him from people who knew him, you'd know all he wanted to do was play music, get wasted and look at boobs. Way fucked that someone sincere who wanted to make other people feel loved had to go. So so sad. :(

• Like 2

Good article by Phil about Dime

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/phil-anselmo-remembers-dimebag-darrell-i-think-of-him-every-day-20141208

"I know for a fact that we would've made more music together. There would've been more Pantera tours. There would've been more albums.

Then, when I think about it, the reality of his death collapses that entire pipe dream, and once again the heart is crushed."

RIP to one of the best ever :(:angry::(

Pantera live in 98 is pretty much untouchable IMO.  Here's some stuff from one of my favorite live albums ever, Black Tooth.  Dime goes off on the solo!

I listen to this every week at the gym.  Nothing gets me hype like a Dimebag solo

I really feel for Phil nowadays. You can tell his heart truly breaks for Dime and that he's spent the last decade doing his absolute damnedest to reform... good to hear Rita (Dime's ex) is starting to come around on forgiving him.

I didn't really know anything about Pantera until about 1997 when I started watching ECW and RVD would enter to Walk. I really liked the song and asked a metalhead guy in my dorm who it was by and he lent me his Pantera cd's. I was hooked from there.