DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 13: Dos Santos vs. Miocic (12/13/2014) - Phoenix, AZ (US Airways Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC+on+FOX+13.jpg

UFC on Fox 13: Dos Santos vs. Miocic
December 13, 2014
Phoenix, AZ (US Airways Center)

Junior dos Santos (242) vs. Stipe Miocic (243) - Dos Santos, DEC (unanimous)
Rafael dos Anjos (156) vs. Nate Diaz (160.6)* - Dos Anjos, DEC (unanimous)
Alistair Overeem (253) vs. Stefan Struve (254) - Overeem, KO (punches), R1 (4:13)
Gabriel Gonzaga (256) vs. Matt Mitrione (259) - Mitrione, TKO (punches), R1 (1:59)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Cláudia Gadelha (116) vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk (116) - Jędrzejczyk, DEC (split)
John Moraga (126) vs. Willie Gates (126) - Moraga, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (4:06)
Joe Riggs (171) vs. Ben Saunders (170) - Saunders, SUB (tapout due to injury), R1 (0:57)
Jamie Varner (156) vs. Drew Dober (156) - Dober, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (1:52)
Joe Ellenberger (156) vs. Bryan Barberena (155) - Barberena, TKO (punches and elbows), R3 (3:24)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
David Michaud (155) vs. Garret Whiteley (156) - Michaud, DEC (unanimous)
Henry Cejudo (136) vs. Dustin Kimura (136) - Cejudo, DEC (unanimous)
Anthony Birchak (136) vs. Ian Entwistle (136) - Entwistle, SUB (heel hook), R1 (1:04)

*Chose not to reweigh; forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Ian Entwistle
Performance of the Night: Matt Mitrione
Fight of the Night: Junior dos Santos vs. Stipe Miocic

Attendance: 15,300
Gate: $1.5 million
Rating: 1.6 (2.8 million viewers)

Cancelled Bouts:
John Moraga vs. Jussier Formiga - Injury to Formiga (Torn ACL)
Derek Brunson vs. Ed Herman - Brunson Removed Due to Stomach Illness

I forgot to post this when it first came out, but I figured this was the right place:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/11/11/7193409/sports-helped-ufc-strawweight-claudia-gadelha-beat-drug-addiction

Boy, who were her parents and what level did they not give a shit?

Wow, back to back awesome cards. Is this the UFC? 

Really looking foward to this. Is this the end of the road for Overeem? I think he outta be able to tool Struve, but this is Overeem. 

They're giving Overeem a guy who has had a nearly 2 year layoff due to medical injuries and is known for getting KO'd.  Let's hope he screws this up.

Diaz has been a pretty significant draw for TV, at least on FOX Sports 1 where there numbers aren't as great.  That's why I think they will try to keep him; at least through his current deal.

It's no wonder Diaz's professional life is a mess.  His manager, Mike Kogan is a racist, homophobic piece of garbage and an utter nincompoop.  He enables Diaz screwing up his career, much like Cesar Gracie did for Nick Diaz.

He posted a racist tweet related to Randa Markos on Twitter and tried to pass it off as someone stole his phone and tweeted it at a bar.  Yet he's used the word on Twitter before, along with lots of other racist tweets and remarks.

Talking smack while on your back getting handled?  Yeah, you sure showed him, Nate.  I wish I could say this is the end of of one of the Diaz brothers but they'll always be around "fighting the system" (Cormier quote).

Dos Anjos should have just stood up and kicked the shit out of his leg some more.  I was hoping to see a stoppage from leg kicks.