DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 13: Dos Santos vs. Miocic (12/13/2014) - Phoenix, AZ (US Airways Center)

Elsalvajeloco

I also had it 48-47 for JDS.

Some of the rounds were close though.  Miocic made it a tough, interesting fight.  The body shots clearly did their work though and really slowed down Miocic.

Really enjoyed watching RDA light up Diaz.  I thought it was hilarious when Diaz tried to bitch slap him from his back, and then RDA just bitch slapped him twice.

Junior would be the best ring fighter in the history of MMA if fought in Pride. He can only go forward and backwards. His side-to-side footwork and movement is so damn shoddy. Anyway, a damn good main event that I didn't expect.

• Like 1

Dana has stated in the post fight presser that Dos Anjos will get the next shot at Pettis if Khabib isn't ready to go. Apparently, Pettis wants to fight ASAP. I guess his hand injury isn't that bad.

• Like 1

It was already flying around that the winner of the women's fight was getting the first crack at the title.

Pettis better hope Khabib doesn't return soon so he can at least get another title defense on his record against RDA cause you know there's a good chance Khabib is going to toss him around the octagon for 25 minutes.

It was already flying around that the winner of the women's fight was getting the first crack at the title.

Pettis better hope Khabib doesn't return soon so he can at least get another title defense on his record against RDA cause you know there's a good chance Khabib is going to toss him around the octagon for 25 minutes.

I like Nurmagomedov a lot, but I still think Gleison Tibau won that fight.  Or he should have won at least.  He's gotten better since then.  If Pettis can stuff the takedowns, I think he can beat him.  

Not good, esp. for how heavily advertised it was. 

Yeah, I'm gonna stop you right there.

Compared to the Fox show in 12 days, this show (UFC 181 btw) has been promoted like UFC 100. You would expect that card to get hammered home on all the Fox channels since it's a heavyweight novelty main card outside of RDA/Diaz. Maybe someone who paid closer attention to the Fox singleheader game yesterday (or the CFB on Fox games on Saturday) could say if they saw any advertising, but I didn't see any while I was watching my local game.

In addition, most of the main event wasn't even accounted for in the rating.

I saw lots of ads/on air mentions for it during NFL games last weekend.

You do know Fox shows in the past (specifically the NFL seasons ones) got promoted four weeks out? Sometimes, even five to six weeks out.

Between the public tirades, the no-showing public workouts, the missing weight AND getting stuffed and mounted like a dead animal in the cage, surely this HAS to be the end for Diaz, right? At this point he's basically pissed away his value to the company.

I think this was (partially) him trying to get fired to get out of his contract so I think Dana keeps him around as long as he can.

Early numbers have this show doing 2.27 million viewers.  Not good, esp. for how heavily advertised it was.  And it got beat by a showing of RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/12/14/tv-ratings-saturday-rudolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer-outshines-ufc-on-fox-48-hours-beats-2020/339191/

Yeah those aren't the final numbers.  

Doesn't account for main event overrun and west coast viewers.

Keep in mind this is a prelim number that measures 8-10 p.m. Eastern, 7-9 p.m. Central, 6-8 p.m. Mountain, but 8-10 p.m. on the West Coast.  That means it measures FOX programming on the West Coast that is not the UFC show, which aired from 5-7:30 p.m., and UFC is traditionally strongest in the Pacific time zone.

To end the confusion

• Like 1