DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLE KINGDOM 9 in TOKYO DOME (with Spoilers!)

leglockwrestling

I think it was when they did that shitty IWGP Jr Title swap with Juventud during the Russo Era.

EDIT: And ProWrestling Title Histories puts that swap at 99.  Think that was the end of NJPW ever working with WCW.  Can't recall if Liger ever worked TNA.  But I know he's been doing the show up and job tour on the US Indies over the past few  years, so he still has causal recognition.

How late in the Nitro run was Liger was on TV? obviously, he was on the first Nitro, but how about the lasttime?

I think it was when they did that shitty IWGP Jr Title swap with Juventud during the Russo Era.

EDIT: And ProWrestling Title Histories puts that swap at 99.  Think that was the end of NJPW ever working with WCW.  Can't recall if Liger ever worked TNA.  But I know he's been doing the show up and job tour on the US Indies over the past few  years, so he still has causal recognition.

Yeah, he had the Juventud match and Psicosis match on Nitros in 99 and a Thunder match with Benoit. He worked TNA against Samoa Joe at BFG 05 and against Petey Williams at Sacrifice 2006

Liger did some TNA in 2005 against Samoa Joe and in 2006 as part of the World X Cup along with Goto, Minoru Tanaka, and Black Tiger (Romero)

I live without internet satellite streaming etc. things of which you guys speak. Is there a legit dvd of this on the horizon?

Yes.  Well, I mean I know they'll be a DVD of the Japanese stream that'll be out in a couple months.  I would imagine that GFW would do a DVD of the English version as well, if they're serious about promoting NJPW in the US.

I think this will be the first time that I will be one of the last people to watch a NJPW show among my friends.  I know a ton of my wrestling circle who don't normally follow the promotion that are giving the show a chance and watching live.  That's a good sign.

• Like 1

That killed it for me - if I'm going to spend $35, I want to at least watch some of it live and then have the replay option later. Here's a guide I wrote on how to get the show via the Flipps app on your Xbox One.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/01/01/how-to-watch-gfw-presents-njpw-wrestle-kingdom-9-on-your-xbox-one/126922/

The VQ for the app is fantastic for the preview videos, so I felt find spending $35 for it and getting a 30 day replay too.

45fd4f378012508.jpg

13231a378012498.jpg

Not so fast on the excitement for Flipps.  Apparently it isn't going to work live in the US if you are using things like Chromecast, Xbox, and LG Smart TV (which is vague because I thought LG was a generic term). 

I debated on watching it LIVE but I'm having people over so I have to do the 7pm showing on Sunday night. I will have to stay the fuck away from the internet tomorrow.

You and me both bruther.  I've decided to take a personal day from work though lol.

Ok, since we're in home stretch, I'll toss in predictions.

1. Either Timesplitters or Forever Hooligans win the Jr Belts.  Can't decide on which one.

2. HonTenKoji

3. Suzuki-gun

4, Ishii retains

5. I'd like to see Omega win the Jr title, but I think Bullet Club's on the ropes, so Taguchi retains,

6. Sakuraba

7, Goto/Shibata finally get them some belts

8. Naito, since he kinda needs a big win.

9. Nakamura retains

10. Okada regains the IWGP belt.