DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLE KINGDOM 9 in TOKYO DOME (with Spoilers!)

leglockwrestling

NJPW "WRESTLE KINGDOM 9 IN TOKYO DOME", 04.01.2015 (WPW/PPV/iPPV) 

Tokyo Dome 

logo-top.png

0. New Japan Rumble: New entrant every minute; over the top rope eliminations.

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title, 4 Way Match: Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly © vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson 

2. Special Six Man Tag Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs. Jeff Jarrett, Yujiro Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale 

3. Special Eight Man Tag Match: Naomichi Marufuji, Toru Yano, Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls vs. Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr., Shelton Benjamin & Takashi Iizuka

4. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii © vs. Togi Makabe 

5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi © vs. Kenny Omega 

6. Special Singles Match - Full Conclusion Rules: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Minoru Suzuki 

7. IWGP Tag Team Title: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows © vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata 

8. Special Singles Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. AJ Styles 

9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs. Kota Ibushi 

10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi © vs. Kazuchika Okada

Guys left off the card that we will see in the Rumble: Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi, Super Strong Machine, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Captain New Japan, Tama Tonga, Gedo, TAKA Michinoku, Taichi, El Desperado, Rob Conway, Jax Dane, Sho Tanaka, and Yohei Komatsu. Maybe the returns of Takaaki Watanabe and Hiromu Takahashi too?

(Credit to PUROLOVE.com for the C&P of the card)

GFW promo vid for WK9:

I know people have scoffed at the idea of ordering WK7 on PPV when the only thing it was over NJPW World is JR on commentary, but honestly for me JR shilling NJ on his blog, in videos like this, trying to pronounce a bunch of TAKA Michinokos and making possibly his last appearance doing his thing is the most interesting part of this event.

• Like 2

Card looks almost perfect, can't really remember what the last couple years looked like off the top of my head, but this stands out, especially the top three matches, wouldn't change anything about them. Taguchi/Omega won't be great but at least it'll get the belt off Taguchi, and I'm digging the Jr. 4 way tag as well.

That match doesn't totally suck...

It doesn't? Only thing it's missing is that sloppy fuck Capt. New Japan. Any show without Yano, Archer or Iizuka would be 100% better. This card being no exception.

Half the card looks awful. Half the card looks awesome. Good enough for me.

What's the us ppv info? Times? Ippv?

Think it will be 7pm for the replay, but 2 or 3 am if you want to watch it live.

That isn't the case for some people though.   On my cable system (Cox) the PPV is first shown at 7:00 PM because for some reason it more important to show the UFC PPV 3 or 4 times in a row.   So I am stuck trying to figure out if I want to watch it live with Japanese commentary on NPWWorld or wait until Sunday night and avoid spoilers like a mother to buy the PPV.    :unsure:

What's the us ppv info? Times? Ippv?

Think it will be 7pm for the replay, but 2 or 3 am if you want to watch it live.

That isn't the case for some people though.   On my cable system (Cox) the PPV is first shown at 7:00 PM because for some reason it more important to show the UFC PPV 3 or 4 times in a row.   So I am stuck trying to figure out if I want to watch it live with Japanese commentary on NPWWorld or wait until Sunday night and avoid spoilers like a mother to buy the PPV.    :unsure:

To be fair, it'll be a lot easier to avoid NJPW spoilers than WWE ones.

That killed it for me - if I'm going to spend $35, I want to at least watch some of it live and then have the replay option later. Here's a guide I wrote on how to get the show via the Flipps app on your Xbox One.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/01/01/how-to-watch-gfw-presents-njpw-wrestle-kingdom-9-on-your-xbox-one/126922/

The VQ for the app is fantastic for the preview videos, so I felt find spending $35 for it and getting a 30 day replay too.

45fd4f378012508.jpg

13231a378012498.jpg

It is crazy how much sports is o Saturday.

NFL

UFC

New Japan

Also, it bothers me that Liger doesn't have a singles match on this PPV considering he might be the only person that some casuals would know from this promotion

I don't know man, Liger hasn't been on U.S. television in probably 20 years.  I'd say that almost everyone in the states who is interested in watching Liger is pretty much a hardcore fan.  I think J.R. is the only person that any casual wrestling fan actually cares about, and hopefully his involvement moves PPVs.  I just wish this was more like $29.99 for HD, so more casuals would be willing to drop some cash on a non-WWE show.  I'm really looking forward to this show, and I'm trying to get some friends to come watch.  There is some sort of mental block when it comes to wrestling from outside of the states for some reason. 

I think they've done a great job building it around JR for the casual fans or strictly WWE fans, and then highlighting guys like the Young Bucks, Styles, Shelley, and ReDragon to appeal to the US indy fans. And hopefully some of those fans will stick around after checking out the guys they aren't familiar with.

I can't remember the last time Liger had a singles match in New Japan besides the the Super Juniors tournament. I was expecting him to be in his usual opening 6man tag spot, so I'm bummed he isn't.