DVDVR Message Board

Phil "CM Punk" Brooks Signs with the UFC; Will Debut in 2015 at 170 or 185

Elsalvajeloco

He said he's looking going to do a 185 lb. test cut and that a cut to 170 lbs. would be possible.

He also said he wasn't going to be fighting at 205 lbs.

Has anyone else ever entered the UFC without ever fighting in an MMA match since the early days?

Amir Sadollah won The Ultimate Fighter with a 0-0 pro MMA record against decent middleweights.  This was like 5 years ago.

Has anyone else ever entered the UFC without ever fighting in an MMA match since the early days?

Matt Mitrione, James Toney and Matt Riddle.

On one hand, I'd like to see Punk's whiny ass get the butt-kicking of a lifetime.

On the other, he's a human being with people that care about him and he doesn't deserve DEATH~!

Honestly him even getting cleared by the commission to fight sounds like a really shady situation, even if they are totally inept.

By his own admission, he's a physical wreck with 13 concussions.

Who thinks is a good idea? How did he even get cleared?

That will be determined by whatever commission he does his medicals with. Plus, SACs clear all types of people in worse shape.

"Become an MMA fighter" feels like it's replaced "get a sports car" as the No. 1 symptom of a mid-life crisis.

Or he just decided to move from a niche fake sport with declining popularity to a niche real sport with declining popularity. Plus, his new boss is definitely less out of touch.

• Like 1

I'm happy for him. It's something he really loves and wants to try so why not. I'm also happy because now Colt can't be pissed when people call Punk "Phil"

I thought that was just trolling. Since Punk is the guy that made them think that is cool by doing it in promos. I feel like I would have to root for Punk to win. Him getting destroyed with no FSW for the aftermath just doesn't feel right.

I bet the fight will be in Chicago as well. Just WOW! I guess he really wants to wear those fighter shorts and make FUCKING BANK on them. I guess his fighting style will be Kempo/BJJ/Muay Thai?

I'm happy for him. It's something he really loves and wants to try so why not. I'm also happy because now Colt can't be pissed when people call Punk "Phil"

My thoughts as well with more cussing and happiness over FSU winning.