DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK FOURTEEN

Dewar

The Bills have officially terminated the agreement to play games in Toronto

Some idiots payed the Bills millions of dollars to one third fill Skydome and when they needed an emergency game where do they go? Detroit.

Thank goodness this entire silliness is at an end. Toronto's bizarre, inexplicable self belief the NFL actually likes them defies all rationale.

Yeah, it didn't help that the Dome was at best fifty/fifty for the Bills, and it was about as loud as a sealed tomb. Thank God that deal is over. . . 

Maaaan, JJ Watt should have been in year 2 of his WWE title reign right now. But NFL MVP doesn't hurt either.

SNO-CAPS PERHAPS!

Here's the authorized NFL version

JJ may be the first player on Mic'd Up that didn't utter a single curse word.  He even said "heck" at some point.  He's completely unreal.  I still think the Texans have to sneak into the playoffs for him to win MVP, but he's doing stuff that I've never seen before. 

He keeps playing like this the rest of the way, I think the MVP thing may become inevitable. 

Baltimore RavensVerified account

‏@Ravens
#Ravens DT Haloti Ngata has been suspended by the NFL for the next four games for violating its performance enhancing substances policy.

I'm actually wondering if/when JJ has a pedestrian game against the Jaguars, a team he historically is not good against, how will everyone spin his performance.

He has 5 1/2 sacks and 31 tackles (so averaging 1 sack and 5 tackles a game) in 6 games against them.

I know several teams that would kill for that type of production out of their DEs

I'm actually wondering if/when JJ has a pedestrian game against the Jaguars, a team he historically is not good against, how will everyone spin his performance.

Historically?  This is his 4th season.  So...6 games so far is heavy historical precedence now?

Edit: Rippa beat me to the stats.

Maaaan, JJ Watt should have been in year 2 of his WWE title reign right now. But NFL MVP doesn't hurt either.

SNO-CAPS PERHAPS!

Here's the authorized NFL version

JJ may be the first player on Mic'd Up that didn't utter a single curse word.  He even said "heck" at some point.  He's completely unreal. 

"GOOD HOCKEY PLAYIN' BOY NOT SOME KINDA SWEARIN BOZO" - Don Cherry

For how bad the Jaguars have been, he's only gotten to Blaine Gabbert, Luke McCown, Chad Henne 5.5 times. For as dominate as he's suppossed to be, he should dominate a porous O-Line. Last year I watched Austin Pasztor and the rest of the Jags OL push him around after he got a sack on the first play. JJ Watt is good, he just hasn't been impressive against Jacksonville. To be fair, he probably gave up caring last season when his team couldn't buy a win playing for a lame duck head coach

2 items to be filed under "Thanks Captain Obvious"

1) Jadaveon Clowney's season is over.  He's having season ending knee surgery.

2) Jay Gruden "is done with" RG3 and wants him off FC Washington. 

DeMarco Murray is literally the only reason I'm still watching this game.

That 40 yard gain, followed by the 14 yard loss, is the most Barry Sanders he's ever been in his life. I mean that as a compliment too, Sanders was the best.

Oh there's been even more bizarre exits in DC sports history.  Gruden could always pull an Agent Zero, for example...

The idea that Gruden would take a shit in RG3 shoes is completely likely.  Now carrying a loaded weapon in a locker room poker game that is probably a stretch   :D

Chip Kelly comments on the Florida rumors.

"I don't think our pro offense would work at the college level," Kelly said, according to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

That might be quote of the year in any sport.