DVDVR Message Board

Lawsuits, Fighter Pay, and Drug Tests: Tibau Fails Post Fight Drug Test In Addition to OoC Test

Elsalvajeloco

The 8/13 NAC hearing that currently has Nick Diaz and Anderson Silva on the docket will be broadcast on Fight Pass.

You can scratch Nick Diaz from that since his attorney had a scheduling conflict.

Brett Okamoto @bokamotoESPN 10s10 seconds ago

Anderson Silva suspended one year, retroactive to date of the fight, Jan. 31. Also fined full $200k win bonus and 30 percent of $800k purse.

Also, I can finally change that Diaz fight to a no contest.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't matter how good of a defense he had. He was fucked from the start.

....which is why I don't know why his camp decided to delay this hearing multiple times. Pat Lundvall had her own agenda from the outset and was going to sweep everything under the rug to sway everyone else.

How hard is to not smoke weed before a fight? He knows he is gonna get tested. So yeah, I think he deserves the 5 years.

To be fair, two of the tests were under the limit. The 3rd test has a nonsense result. That's the real issue in all of this. If he had 3 tests that were off the charts, then you should get five years for your third offense. There's a lot of evidence that he didn't really do anything wrong this time.

He's 32 years of age, and he's suspended from competing for five years? Hope he's good with money.

Shit, they spent several months delaying it. It will be four years and some change if it's from the date of the fight he was suspended for. I've seen a few people say they expect that to be reduced. 

I do find it intriguing that according to Ariel Helwani, the UFC chose not to issue a statement after it was passed down that Nick Diaz was getting suspended for a significant amount of time. They had like a statement prepared five seconds after Anderson's hearing. Not even a "we respect the commission's decision on the matter and also Nick Diaz's impending appeal etc"  statement. 

I do not smoke weed and never have. I'll never understand how it can be demonized in this way, especially now, when the tide of public and professional health opinion has swung in such a positive direction and when there is an overwhelming amount of evidence for the positive benefits it provides. For Nick, or anyone else really, they're not taking huge hits off a vaporizer bag 5 minutes before the fight, so what is the difference between smoking up weeks away from the fight and drinking some glasses of wine or other alcoholic beverage weeks away from a fight? So stupid. So, so stupid.

• Like 2

Oh Nick, you card.

https://vine.co/v/eFYPvYWwOMi

If he actually did this in front of the commission today, I would've bought a lifetime subscription to Fight Pass to rewatch it over and over again. Then, start a kickstarter to make a 30-for-30 based around the hearing.