DVDVR Message Board

Lawsuits, Fighter Pay, and Drug Tests: Tibau Fails Post Fight Drug Test In Addition to OoC Test

Elsalvajeloco

Dennis Hallman and Javier Vasquez have filed a similar suit against the UFC with the same lawyers as Quarry, Le, and Fitch (which sounds like a law firm itself).

I can see this one getting dismissed fast since one can make the same case for any of the four major sports.

Looks like a legal tactic of piling on to win the PR war by making the UFC look as bad as possible.

How are any of these guys paying for Legal Fees? I can see maybe Cung Le having money but the rest?

It is class action so the lawyers get a portion of any proceeds, a very significant portion.

The lawyers mentioned at the press conference that the lawsuit would be economically profitable for them to pursue.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-statement-2

We have built a popular business from modest beginnings by meeting the needs of fans and fighters. Millions of people have watched our bouts, we have instituted leading health and safety measures for our athletes, and fighters are free to negotiate contract terms.

We will stand up against the plaintiffs in this litigation every step of the way, and have engaged attorneys from Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP with a depth of experience in antitrust issues. 

Bill Isaacson, our lead litigator, says, "The antitrust laws have long favored companies that create new products and services that consumers want. That is exactly what the UFC has done here through its long and substantial investment in building a popular sport."

We are proud of the company we have built, confident in our legal position, and intend to prevail in this lawsuit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At this rate they should only take action on Nick Diaz when he is NOT testing positive for drugs because they you know something is up.   Other than that same old shit

Not sure why people are so shocked at Silva though.  I mean do you really think that someone can rehab from that kind of injury that fast 100% natural