DVDVR Message Board

NJPW World Has Arrived

KidKash202

Just now, sevendaughters said:

all 3 days of Fantasticamania - 19-21 Jan. If you geounlock then there's a CMLL show sooner (11th)

There's a CMLL show on the 18th, too.

The next event with English commentary is New Beginning (1/27-1/28)

The feed for both live shows last week on my fire TV were virtually flawless (it froze once for about two or three second, total the two nights) but archived video stutters a ton on it and freezes occasionally. I don't get it.

Do you have a Fire TV or Fire Stick? I've tried using my Fire Stick and it just buffers or freezes constantly. I've had that issue with Kodi apps also. Basically anything that isn't Netflix, Amazon Prime, or the WWE app runs poorly on the Fire Stick. Maybe it's just too under-powered now. This isn't the most recent Fire Stick. It's the revision they released where they added voice support.

NJPW World isn't on Chromecast, right? I did some searching and couldn't find anything.

I have the first gen Fire Stick. I literally hadn't used it in like 2 years until getting it out for WK. 

I just don't get why live stuff with presumably significantly more traffic would work better then archived stuff.

On 1/11/2018 at 5:30 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I have the first gen Fire Stick. I literally hadn't used it in like 2 years until getting it out for WK. 

I just don't get why live stuff with presumably significantly more traffic would work better then archived stuff.

I also have the firestick as well as kodi/terrarium. I rarely have an issue with freezing. My big issue is if i stop a show it never resumes where i left off and the ff option is crap.  I am not sure if it's ok to mention this in here or not but if you do have Kodi you must get the pro wrestling on demand app. You will not be sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

UFC has no god damn excuse other than having a sweetheart deal with MS or something. Ridiculous.

With all the streaming going on these days, a cheap laptop and an hdmi cable is absolutely the best bet if you're main TV isn't by a PC. There are always drawbacks with the other options whether it be not having apps on roku/PS4/whatever, lag, poor streaming, etc.

• Like 1

I find it really really strange that NJPW finally got a real app for one service, and it's... Fire TV?!? Not Roku, Xbox or Playstation, just Amazon.

(Well and there's the weird Android Chromecast app)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I find it really really strange that NJPW finally got a real app for one service, and it's... Fire TV?!? Not Roku, Xbox or Playstation, just Amazon.

(Well and there's the weird Android Chromecast app)

Most people here (I'm in Japan) have no idea that the Roku even exists and if you want to buy one, it's an import so it jacks up the price. The Xbox is hilariously unpopular. Playstation, I dunno. But you can get a fire TV stick no problem.

• Like 2

For the last show I tried watching it and it kept buffering. Nothing I did changed it. Tried watching some older shows and those buffered too. This was also using WiFi since I don't have an ethernet port on my laptop. I tried watching on my gaming pc and that worked flawlessly. I have a fast connection too, but for some reason, it seems WiFi winds up causing streaming issues for me with NJPW World. I might just have to order a ethernet dongle or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Money saving is my guess? They should really look to expand their English presentation if they want to make serious strides in the US and the west. Full English site, all shows with English commentary, English chyrons, and either English versions of video packages or at least subtitles for the narration. 

The opening tag between Juice/Henare and Young Bucks from Perth was super fun. Lots of talking and comedy.