DVDVR Message Board

NJPW World Has Arrived

KidKash202

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Isn't day one of BOSJ unblocked also? I think Cubs mentioned that, since Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi is on night 1.

Day 1 is going up Free.  The rest of the tourny is behind the pay wall, but night one is going to be the hook.

I watched the ROH PPV. After that I checked the Arena Mexico shows and they were blocked. The ROH is blocked now too. It must have been a mistake when the web page changed. Thanks for the notification.

What I saw of BOSJ this morning (ACH/BUSHI, KUSHIDA/Desperado, Ospreay/Scurrl, Hiromu/Dragon Lee) was really good. ACH's charisma is off the charts and I dug his SUPER call getting over as big as it did. Ospreay really needs to stop taking everything on his head and shoulders.

6 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I'm glad they're getting all the music rights sorted and we're getting less and less overdubed themes.

Digging Dragon Lee's music, whatever it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Dicking around on NJWorld right now, and it seems I'm not allowed to access the Hammerstein Ballroom War of the Worlds show on their service for geographic reasons. The implication being that North American fans should be getting that show through ROH, correct? 

Fat chance of that. As a bonus with my NJWorld subscribtion, sure, I'd watch that show. Actively seeking out ways to give ROH my money? No thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

On the side, if you're using a jailbroken Fire Stick and Kodi (or Kodi in general on something else, or just a jailbroken Fire Stick for that matter), I would strongly hint at getting oneself a VPN.

On topic: I really want a Roku app as I'm tiring of having to either plug my laptop into the TV or screen mirror (since Roku's screen mirror is flakey at best.)

I have a VPN and use it, but the necessity of it is foggy. That's a discussion for somewhere else.

A Roku app would be nice though. It is at least not as laggy as my Firestick, but hopefully the app on it would be better than the WWE Network. The Network on the Roku is crappy compared to what is on damn near every other platform, including the Firestick. I'm guessing that's a WWE thing and not a Roku thing.

Has World been nearly unwatchable for anyone else recently?

It had been good up until the past few days. I got a Firestick (today) for the NJPW World app hoping it'd be better, but I can't even get 30 seconds into a video without the stream failing. I'm having the same experience in Chrome (PC), Chromecast, Firefox, and on my Android. Mostly, every attempt to watch on any of my devices freezes in the same spot. None of my other apps are having issues so I don't think it's my connection as I periodically get streaming issues with World, but never has it been THIS bad. A lot of the time in the past, I'll get some freezing but it always recovers. Today, specifically, the stream dies completely after 30 seconds to a minute. Firestick says "Can't play this video", and Chomecast (Android and PC streaming) both give that long error message.

1 hour ago, xphen0m said:

Has World been nearly unwatchable for anyone else recently?

It had been good up until the past few days. I got a Firestick (today) for the NJPW World app hoping it'd be better, but I can't even get 30 seconds into a video without the stream failing. I'm having the same experience in Chrome (PC), Chromecast, Firefox, and on my Android. Mostly, every attempt to watch on any of my devices freezes in the same spot. None of my other apps are having issues so I don't think it's my connection as I periodically get streaming issues with World, but never has it been THIS bad. A lot of the time in the past, I'll get some freezing but it always recovers. Today, specifically, the stream dies completely after 30 seconds to a minute. Firestick says "Can't play this video", and Chomecast (Android and PC streaming) both give that long error message.

I watched the ROH matches on World last night over Chromecast with no problems. 

It's been pretty good to me today. I watched this morning before going to work without any issues, then been watching since I got home this evening without any issues. Weird.

That said, there was a period where I didn't have World, so I went back and watched the title match between Marufuji and Okada. It took me a second to get the significance of the finish, but then thought "Okada....you sly duck!"

I picked up a Fire stick while in Long Beach for the G1 Special and tried it at the hotel - the app ran flawlessly, as did the WWE Network app, even on hotel wifi.  It's going to be so much easier to use it to watch NJPW World instead of casting a tab from my laptop to the Chromecast.