DVDVR Message Board

NJPW World Has Arrived

KidKash202

They've apparently been taking some of it down over time. I've sideloaded this onto my Fire TV Stick and it works really well - although after just hooking my laptop up through HDMI, I've now got a far better solution to watching and recording stuff full screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So including the already known May dates, only the last two days, June 5th and 7th, of the BOSJ will be on NJPW World.

I've heard that May 22nd and 30th as well as the June 5th and 7th dates are the only ones that will air live,but all of the others will be available the next day on demand. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has Red Shoes Unno always been this bad or has he gotten shittier as the years go by? I remember him always trying to get himself over as far back as I can remember but now he just seems negligent on top of that. Like he doesn't count when guys are outside the ring, doesn't count for rope breaks or in the corner, doesn't admonish guys when they cheat, and he allows outside interference from the Bullet Club like it ain't no thang but a chicken wang. Earl Hebner looks a great ref in comparison.

And ANOTHER THING, while I'm all indignant about shitty Japanese refs... Are there any refs there that don't do the delayed third count? That is some rank amateur shit right there.

I'm longing for this to have PS3 or Chromecast support. Literally the only thing stopping me lay down my cash is that I can't put it on my TV in the manner I wish. But when I can... Oh, when I can!

So... there is a way to get Chromecast support.

Go to the Chromestore and put in the WebCast extension.  Fire up the player, and cast it.  TV will show the whole web page and player, just full screen the player and boom, full TV view.

Yes, I've used this on the last two big NJPW shows.

There *is* a way to get it working on the phone, but it involves sideloading the NJWorld player then casting it, and its complicated and rough to get working right unless you read Kana, so I never tried it.

Last time I tried it I used the actual Chromecast app that has a Cast Screen option.  It would cast anything else with no issue, but for NJPW World audio was choppy as anything.  Hoping it works better with my phone upgrade and Chromecast app updates.  Really need to get back to watching this, I'm glad to support NJPW but haven't seen anything in a while.

There is an ipad HDMI adapter that I use to watch NJPW world and it works perfectly.  I hate watching things on my computer, so it was worth spending the couple bucks on the adapter in order to watchi on my TV.

• 2 weeks later...

I am horribly behind on my New Japan so I am catching up on the Super Juniors tournament.   Am I correct to assume that there isn't a full show version of the May 23rd to May 29th shows?   I am in the videos section and only see individual matches and even then it is only 3 or 4 matches.   I am probably in the wrong section

After the post match of Gedo winning night 1, really wish there was some kind of english translation or close captioning because that seems like an awesome interview with him and Okada.  Of course I realize I am not sure their core audience to be begging 

Checking my bank statement recently, and it's happening to me also.

While I'm glad to give NJPW money, I have to say it is pretty nice getting all this cool shit for free and not feeling dirty about it.  I'm sure they'll have it sorted out soon enough.