DVDVR Message Board

NJPW World Has Arrived

KidKash202

Didnt someone post a how to earlier in the day in one of the other threads?

The more people that order it (esp instead of giving $9.99 to Vince)' the better.

Yea I updated the first thread. Last part of the thread.

RT @SenorLARIATO: #NJPWworld Recommended Matches http://t.co/a5L0OxWS2sjust the best of 2014 atm, but I'll continue to update it #NJPW http://t.co/FxoCVzLGZ2

^ Good list

Any way to filter it by Tomohiro Ishii matches? A Tomohiro Ishii channel is well worth $8.50 a month by itself.

I bet there's been years of awesome clubby, hurty guys in NJPW. Damn, how I love that style. It's a very new discovery for me. 

• Like 1

Is there a reason that the 1991 WCW/NJPW Supershow is listed as happening on January 4th, instead of March 21st?  It is the exact same card, but listed under a different date.  Did they do this multiple times or is this some sort of typo?

Any way to filter it by Tomohiro Ishii matches? A Tomohiro Ishii channel is well worth $8.50 a month by itself.

I bet there's been years of awesome clubby, hurty guys in NJPW. Damn, how I love that style. It's a very new discovery for me. 

I couldn't tell if this was a real question, but if it is, do a search in the box at the top left for 石井 智宏 and you get four pages of Ishiii matches :)  Wikipedia is a good source for finding the Japanese characters for searching for individual wrestlers.

• Like 1

Semi-real question. I was wondering if there was a way to search by wrestler. 

To some people this is a no-brainer, of course, but to others kinda on the fence about it, do you catch yourself wondering "how much wrestling would I have to watch to make a $9 a month subscripion worth it?" An hour a day? Two hours a day? Two hours a week?

There is a search box (the one with the magnifying glass on the side) that you can put names into but only the kanji. If you use the tags, this might help:

選手名 - Wrestler's name

年代 - Decade

会場 - Venue

実況解説者 - Commentator (this includes regular commentators and guest color commentators)

タイトルマッチ - Title Match

その他 - Other (the only thing under other is 1/4 Tokyo Dome)

Right now, clicking on the small Capt. New Japan brings you to all the entries under the wrestler tag. It's in order of how many times the tag is used so the first four names are Inoki, Tanahashi, Nakamura and Nagata.If you are looking for a specific name, you can look it up on wikipedia for their kanji and drop that into either the search box on the main page or go to the tag list and use your browser's find feature because the tags are in regular text.

• Like 2

Semi-real question. I was wondering if there was a way to search by wrestler. 

To some people this is a no-brainer, of course, but to others kinda on the fence about it, do you catch yourself wondering "how much wrestling would I have to watch to make a $9 a month subscripion worth it?" An hour a day? Two hours a day? Two hours a week?

I think that way about all subscription models (I still use PAYG on my phone) but I think the appeal here is mainly is the ability the directly support NJPW for a reasonable price and the ability to have a fridge full of Ishii or whatever waiting for you whenever you feel the urge to binge.

• Like 1

To me a big factor is how often I will watch the live stuff.  I work an overnight shift so I am awake anyway, so I should be able watch anything I want.  There are seven live events in January (if I am reading it right), so even I just watch two or three of them its worth it.  I will probably go through the archives within a few months unless they keep adding a lot of content, so it will just depend on if I am watching it live or not.  If not, I will probably keep it three or four months and then take a break.

Is there a reason that the 1991 WCW/NJPW Supershow is listed as happening on January 4th, instead of March 21st?  It is the exact same card, but listed under a different date.  Did they do this multiple times or is this some sort of typo?

Are you sure it isn't the 92 Supershow? Because that happened on 1/4.

Are you sure it isn't the 92 Supershow? Because that happened on 1/4.

I'm 100% sure, there is a link for March 21st, but there aren't any matches listed.  I looked up the card for the '91 show and it is the exact same card, just listed on January 4th.  I need to watch the Steiner match for the Meltzer list project I'm working on, and wanted to make sure it was the correct match.

So, what are the chances that new Live events are left in their entireity after they air?  Like, I'm not gonna get to watch WK live, so when I go back monday to watch it, is it gonna be complete or split up into the matches?

(Its WK, I'm expecting a huge Okada entrance and don't want to miss it.)

I may have trouble adjusting to when live events are at first, they come on different times so I'll have to go find a site that converts a day/time from Japan to EST.  If I am converting it right, since the Tokyo Dome is on at 4 PM this year, that would make it on for me at 2 AM on the 4th.  Good thing I work overnights.  Eventually I'll have that memorized too, its just the shows come on different times of course so its not like it will be the same.  I'm the type of person that would think it came on at 2 AM and join just in time to see the main event.