DVDVR Message Board

NHL - December 2014

Dolfan in NYC

At least 2014 Bryzgalov brings humor, amusing remarks, and an indescribable weirdness. Brodeur just brings sadness and depression. I saw him on NHLN in his Blues regalia and he just looks utterly bizarre. It's like some kind of shit you'd see in EA NHL and just shake your head at the ridiculousness of Brodeur playing for anyone other than New Jersey, except in real life. I was never a fan of his but this seems like something that should not be.

Its as bad as seeing Patrick Ewing in a Sonics uniform, and likely to end just as well. Brodeur is probably the only modern player who defines and is the face of a franchise, him playing for any team except the Devils is (ahem) blasphemy.

I'm biased as a Blues fan, but the entire "playing in a different uniform is blasphemy" thing is insane to me. Ray Bourque might always be a Bruin, but his moment was as an Av.

Basically, he's a grown man, and one of the best to ever play the game. If he feels he has more left in the tank, and a team is willing to give him a shot, more power to him.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, the Flames tie up yet another game late in the third (with the goalie pulled, of course), and win in overtime. I'm not sure this way of winning is a viable long-term strategy, but I'll enjoy the fun while it lasts!

Johnny Gaudreau with a really pretty play to set up the first goal, as well.

Jordan Staal started skating today. I like the Hurricanes team despite their problems, but him coming back could take the team out of contention for the first overall pick.

Don't get me wrong, I want the team to do well, but I also believe that the best thing for the Canes would be either to make the playoffs or finish in last. A seventh overall pick is going to do fuck all for this team's future.

Man, it seems like if you're on the hot seat the last team you want to play is the Canucks. His team beat them and Murray/Melnyk still fired him! How many teams in the past three or four years have fired their coach following a loss to Vancouver?

I think he'll land another gig pretty soon. He did quite well turning that team around and of course they faltered when Murray stripped it down to bare bones. He's a hockey coach, Jim, not a damn miracle worker!

Man, it seems like if you're on the hot seat the last team you want to play is the Canucks. His team beat them and Murray/Melnyk still fired him! How many teams in the past three or four years have fired their coach following a loss to Vancouver?

I think he'll land another gig pretty soon. He did quite well turning that team around and of course they faltered when Murray stripped it down to bare bones. He's a hockey coach, Jim, not a damn miracle worker!

Didn't they beat Vancouver?

Detroit's hot streak continued over the weekend with wins over the Rangers and Hurricanes.  9-2 in their last 11, they're now tied with Tampa with 39 points, tops in the Eastern conference.  The young guys are playing great and they're scoring goals - 4th in the league at 3.1 per game with three guys having 12 or more.  Pavel Datsyuk looks re-energized and is on a roll big-time.  Really enjoying this season so far, that's for sure.

I was just struck by how bad Bryan Murray is looking these days. He can't have much longer.

That sucks.  Murray will always a place in my heart for all his work in building the Red Wings franchise into the powerhouse it's been for last nearly 25 years.  He took over a team in disarray and righted the ship, big-time.

The Las Vegas ownership group was just given approval to solicit potential season ticket holders.

Down the rabbit hole we go folks.

The arena has a surprisingly low amount of suites (42) and other luxury seats so this is going to fall on having a huge and solid season ticket base.