DVDVR Message Board

NHL - December 2014

Dolfan in NYC

Fucking Hurricanes.

Also, I think someone asked earlier why I said I liked this team.

That's easy, I think that there are some pieces in place to make this into a decent hockey team.Sure there are still problems (Alex Semin), but for the most part there are some solid young guys contributing.

I'd like to see this team end up with McDavid or Eichel, but I wouldn't be pissed if they could draft Strome, Merkley or Connor.

I think the big priority that the Canes need to do is address the Sekera situation. It really bums me out that we aren't going to be able to keep that guy. For what it's worth, the team's defense isn't terrible. I think that they need to figure out if Ryan Murphy is going to be able to play at the NHL level, and also see if Marc Staal is going to end up in Raleigh.

Isles stealthily released season ticket prices for Barclays. Cheapest is $20 a game which works for me. No price was given for obstructed seats, but I think they should sell them for $10. You can't see the goal at that end so that would be fair if you ask me. BTW if you guys need a good laugh the ultra premium first row seats are $1,000 a game. Yeah, that's a little out of my price range.

I just realized that the Sabres are now only 6 points out of a playoff spot. If Nolan were to somehow pull that off he should imediately be inducted into the HHOF. Seriously, is there anyone better at turning chicken shit into chicken salad?

I'll miss the sad, robotic glare that he seemed to give on the bench in the few Oilers games that I watched. He never seemed to speak or anything. Just staring straight ahead, arms crossed.

The problem is that the coach wasn't the team's problem. It's literally every person above him in the organization. Sad stuff.

Eakins will get another shot. I don't think anyone really blames him for the mess that is the Oilers.

I just can't understand the logic in putting Mac T behind the bench. Even if it's only temporary. What a mess. So much wasted talent on that team and if they add Connor McDavid to spend his early years wasting away... ugh...

I just realized that the Sabres are now only 6 points out of a playoff spot. If Nolan were to somehow pull that off he should imediately be inducted into the HHOF. Seriously, is there anyone better at turning chicken shit into chicken salad?

Ken Hitchcock in 2011-12.

So, after a hot start, Ryan Miller has a .900 SV% (good for 40th best in the league!). Once a shitbum, always a shitbum imo.

Olympic hero Ryan Miller?!?!?!?!?

You're really okay with this? I thought the goal this year was for the Sabres to get a top pick?

I figure if anything they'll start trading away guys ASAP to prevent any more wins.