DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

It looks like Hulk Hogan and Randy Orton share the same tendency to wear wrestling gear in social situations. 

Gotta be prepared. You never know when a wrestling match will break out. Why do you think Boogeyman just shows up in full gear?

It looks like Hulk Hogan and Randy Orton share the same tendency to wear wrestling gear in social situations. 

Gotta be prepared. You never know when a wrestling match will break out. Why do you think Boogeyman just shows up in full gear?

Uh, because he's totally bugfuck?

Uh, because he's totally bugfuck?

Yeah, that too. 

Is there a consensus to what the match of the century was? 1900-1999?

Wouldn't it be impossible since over half of the century's matches are basically gone? I'm sure that there's a Jim Londos match from the 30s or a Thesz match from the 50s that could contend but we have no way of knowing because footage for those either never existed or was taped over years before any of us were born.

Is there a consensus to what the match of the century was? 1900-1999?

Well, to be fair, we have little footage from the early 80's and prior. Yeah, we have a few big matches, but 99% of the stuff we haven't seen. So, I don't think any vote could be accurate.

As for what we do have, again, it depends on your taste and what you've seen. Misawa/Kawada 6/3/94 gets a lot of love, a Steamboat/Flair match would surely be up there and others. My pick would be Toyota/Yamada vs Kansai/Ozaki from DreamRush 2.