DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I have a question. In the days of strict kayfabe, at what point in a wrestler's training would the "it's a work" part come up? I know some trainers are famous for stretching new students to dissuade anyone who didn't want to stick to it - but at some point they had to reveal the truth to the ones who were left.

During training probably never. They had to figure it out during their first matches when their opponent started calling them moves at best.Worst case getting beat up for not playing along.

I think Terry Funk talked about his first matches and how he figured it out on Austins show.

Isn't Bryan the dumb as shit one for going to the village shaman for modern medical advice instead a doctor?

Yeah, pretty much. There is something to be said for alternative medicine but when they guy has a ruptured eardrum injury from 2007 that he never got fixed you have to put it on the guy.

I don't know................when I think shaman, I think:

5528.jpg

And he looks like a totally legit doctor to me.

He's holistic, Jerry. He's holistic.

Cena went to Morrison, and feels better already!

• Like 1

I'm not trolling or trying to insult any Mark Henry fans here, because I know there are a lot. but I just realized this:

In his 18 year career, I can't remember any match of his that I actually liked or thought was good. I have no problems with him as a character or a promo man, but he's the only wrestler I can think of who has been around so long that I haven't cared for. Even Kane and Khali had some stuff I liked/remembered more.

Please don't start a flame war or anything over this, I just thought it was kind of interesting.

• Like 1

I'm not trolling or trying to insult any Mark Henry fans here, because I know there are a lot. but I just realized this:

In his 18 year career, I can't remember any match of his that I actually liked or thought was good. I have no problems with him as a character or a promo man, but he's the only wrestler I can think of who has been around so long that I haven't cared for. Even Kane and Khali had some stuff I liked/remembered more.

Please don't start a flame war or anything over this, I just thought it was kind of interesting.

Dude, I know you had a bad week when it comes to wrestling, and therefore I will be a gentleman and not mention things and instead just ask if you understand the things that people who do like him like about his matches? Opinions are well and good but empathy is good too.

• Like 1

Dude, I know you had a bad week when it comes to wrestling, and therefore I will be a gentleman and not mention things and instead just ask if you understand the things that people who do like him like about his matches? Opinions are well and good but empathy is good too.

Yep, i totally understand that some people like him and I totally understand why some people would like him. I'm not ripping those people or saying they are wrong. I'm just saying in the 17 years or so he's been around, I can't think of one memorable match of his or one match of his that I liked. He's legit the only wrestler ever who I can say that about.

I do like his work outside of the ring though.

Random but since BNB returned last night, I'll mention it:

If Wade Barrett had won the WWE Championship at Survivor Series 2010, what would've been the logical end for Nexus? Does he carry the championship all the way to WrestleMania and drop it to Cena or Orton? 

If Wade Barrett had won the WWE Championship at Survivor Series 2010, what would've been the logical end for Nexus? Does he carry the championship all the way to WrestleMania and drop it to Cena or Orton? 

The most important thing is Nexus not losing the Summerslam elimination match. Once they booked that, Nexus was virtually dead. If they would have won, Wade then should have won in his guranteed title shot match. After that, you can go a lot of ways, but Wade should have only lost the belt in the main event at Wrestlemania that year, likely to Cena to wrap up the storyline. They should have gone through everyone, then split after Wade loses the title. Bonus points for a Nexus inner fued that would have gotten someone else over.

As for what they did, they should have gotten as much out of it as they could. Cena should have lost so he would have had to join Nexus. They then should have teased heel Cena(have him do some things but never go full heel), but eventually, and I mean months down the line, have Cena leave Nexus and fight Wade at Wrestlemania, winning his freedom.

Honestly, they could have done anything else and it would have been better. It's been FOUR years and Wade still hasn't recovered from it. Wade went from a possible WM main event to an 8-man 90 second tag match with Santino that year.

The most important thing is Nexus not losing the Summerslam elimination match. Once they booked that, Nexus was virtually dead. If they would have won, Wade then should have won in his guranteed title shot match. After that, you can go a lot of ways, but Wade should have only lost the belt in the main event at Wrestlemania that year, likely to Cena to wrap up the storyline. They should have gone through everyone, then split after Wade loses the title. Bonus points for a Nexus inner fued that would have gotten someone else over.

As for what they did, they should have gotten as much out of it as they could. Cena should have lost so he would have had to join Nexus. They then should have teased heel Cena(have him do some things but never go full heel), but eventually, and I mean months down the line, have Cena leave Nexus and fight Wade at Wrestlemania, winning his freedom.

Honestly, they could have done anything else and it would have been better. It's been FOUR years and Wade still hasn't recovered from it.

In my opinion, it was still salvageable at Survivor Series. Remember that Cena was the guest ref for Orton/Barrett and Cena had two options, help Barrett win the title and be able to leave Nexus or let Orton win and be fired. We know what happened in reality. 

If Barrett wins the WWE Championship there, you could honestly go a number of ways. Hell, Nexus by this point had so many different ways it could go. There was an unresolved feud with Taker (they helped Kane bury him alive at Bragging Rights). Barrett/Taker at WrestleMania 27 would've been an interesting main event, but Taker as WWE Champion wouldn't have been an interesting result. Barrett being the one to end the streak would've launched Nexus in terms of heat. A long Barrett reign combined with him ending The Streak would've cemented him as the #1 heel. But do you want to strap that big of a rocket to Wade Barrett? 

This is ignoring Barrett being injury prone because WWE couldn't have known that yet. And also Miz has to do something with Money in the Bank at some point in here as well. 

Honestly, they could have done anything else and it would have been better. It's been FOUR years and Wade still hasn't recovered from it.

In my opinion, it was still salvageable at Survivor Series. Remember that Cena was the guest ref for Orton/Barrett and Cena had two options, help Barrett win the title and be able to leave Nexus or let Orton win and be fired. We know what happened in reality. 

If Barrett wins the WWE Championship there, you could honestly go a number of ways. Hell, Nexus by this point had so many different ways it could go. There was an unresolved feud with Taker (they helped Kane bury him alive at Bragging Rights). Barrett/Taker at WrestleMania 27 would've been an interesting main event, but Taker as WWE Champion wouldn't have been an interesting result. Barrett begin the one to end the streak would've launched Nexus in terms of heat. A long Barrett reign combined with him ending The Streak would've cemented him as the #1 heel. But do you want to strap that big of a rocket to Wade Barrett? 

This is ignoring Barrett being injury prone because WWE couldn't have known that yet. And also Miz has to do something with Money in the Bank at some point in here as well. 

There were definitely a million ways Nexus could have gone and I honestly think all of them would have been better than what we got.

I wouldn't have ended the streak no matter what, as there will never be anything like it ever again.

So Tammy Sytch posted the following on Facebook, and it's just too good to pass up.

Im sooo happy with the way I’m going into 2015…… I don’t drink anymore, I got off all my medication, I don’t drink caffeine or carbonation, Ive never used rec drugs, so that isn’t an issue…..everything is 100% natural and healthy….and it feels SOOOOO GOOD!!!

(Emphasis added.)

So Tammy Sytch posted the following on Facebook, and it's just too good to pass up.

Im sooo happy with the way I’m going into 2015…… I don’t drink anymore, I got off all my medication, I don’t drink caffeine or carbonation, Ive never used rec drugs, so that isn’t an issue…..everything is 100% natural and healthy….and it feels SOOOOO GOOD!!!

(Emphasis added.)
I'm pretty sure Tammy just doesn't know the definition of a recreational drug. That or her memory is shot to shit from all the drug use.