DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On the network today they showed the 1992 Rumble. I re-watched it because I love Heenan's call of the match. It might be the best call ever. At least of the modern announcers-are-characters-too school of thinking. 

I'd never seen the rest of the show, however.

I know this is going to tick a lot of people off, but holy shit Heenan and Monsoon are terrible on every other match. I know that they don't have a lot to work with, but it's pretty bad at times. 

Wasn't he planning to give MMA a try before he injured his eye in the match with Morishima?

I don't know for sure, but I do remember Danielson saying (around that time in 2007) that he was going to wrestle for a couple more years and then join the Peace Corps. 

STL-area indy wrestling for January(as it stands right now):

Saturday 1/3:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO
Saturday 1/10:  PWCS in Granite City, IL (Colt Cabana vs. Dan Walsh), MMWA in St. Louis, MO
Saturday 1/17:  SICW in East Carondelet, IL

Daniel Bryan once told me way back when, "I wish I could give up wrestling and make a living picking strawberries." True story.

Daniel Bryan is the best, man. 

• Like 1

THAT HORRIBLE NO GOOD ROTTEN DICK MURDOCH!

Dick Murdoch pulled a major rib on John Hawk on 10/31 for the Big D show in Dallas. Murdoch kept double-crossing Hawk on spots, and at one point called for Hawk to get him in a bearhug and wouldn't let Hawk release the hold for nearly 7:00. Finish was supposed to be Murdoch submitting to the figure four,
but instead Murdoch small packaged Hawk and simply wouldn't let him up and the ref had no choice but to count to three.

Isn't Bryan the dumb as shit one for going to the village shaman for modern medical advice instead a doctor?

Yeah, pretty much.  There is something to be said for alternative medicine but when the guy has a ruptured eardrum injury from 2007 that he never got fixed you have to put it on the guy.