DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

That's right, my bad. He's talked about this for quite some time, though - always denies it when it hits the news, however. Some Tea Party people tried to get him to run this year, but he declined. He's ALWAYS talked about it, but I think his views are too extreme, even for the Bible Belt.

He is a full on no-state Rothbardian - well I say that, he may not be so much into giving land back to the decendants of slaves who effectively homesteaded it (as Rothbard was). That said, a Glenn Jacobs/Azealia Banks ticket could certainly be interesting.

• Like 1

If you ever watched any of his videos on YouTube Kane is extremely well spoken which makes his WWE character a bit ironic.  Watch some of his interviews and then watch the WWE Anger Management segment with DB.

I would love to see someone mention that Rothbard would be rolling over in his grave if he saw Kane with the Authority.

That's right, my bad. He's talked about this for quite some time, though - always denies it when it hits the news, however. Some Tea Party people tried to get him to run this year, but he declined. He's ALWAYS talked about it, but I think his views are too extreme, even for the Bible Belt.

What? He's not a Tea Partier or a Bible Belt guy....

I assume it's not something negative as why would he look forward to that?

DB's fans are notoriously cynical when it's comes to anything WWE related for their main man.

And Barrett's new thing is to laugh at people hoping to see his return match live. Even blamed Pittsburgh for his injury. Good thing he knows how to work a crowd. :P

You got me on the Tea Party thing (but that was the party who tried to get him to run on their ballot this year), but Tennessee is very much inside of the Bible Belt (and would be running for the TN Senate seat) so I don't know what you meant by that. Unless you're trying to set up a Heyman Guy joke :P

You got me on the Tea Party thing (but that was the party who tried to get him to run on their ballot this year), but Tennessee is very much inside of the Bible Belt (and would be running for the TN Senate seat) so I don't know what you meant by that. Unless you're trying to set up a Heyman Guy joke :P

I was trying to think of a way to say his politics aren't influenced by the Bible without being insulting to Christians.

On the network today they showed the 1992 Rumble. I re-watched it because I love Heenan's call of the match. It might be the best call ever. At least of the modern announcers-are-characters-too school of thinking. 

I'd never seen the rest of the show, however.

I know this is going to tick a lot of people off, but holy shit Heenan and Monsoon are terrible on every other match. I know that they don't have a lot to work with, but it's pretty bad at times.