DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Wrestlers seem to have a difficult time differentiating between "pulling a rib" and "acting like a tremendous douchebag for no reason."

Realy? That was acting like a "tremendous douchebag?" Big D wrestling drew less than 100 people to it's shows and for it get back to Meltzer that it was a rib, I'm pretty sure he eventually told JBL "hey I'm just fucking with ya kid" after he left him shit his pants for a while. He probably saw JBL as overly nervous about working with someone he looked up to and decided to mess with him. This isn't putting lighter fluid in someone's asthma inhaler or feeding someone their dog.

That wasn't even Bossman's best rib. 

This was Bossman's best rib:

hrp31.png

• Like 2

Reading the Observers I just don't understand why so many people wanted to lose money running wrestling shows in Dallas in the 90s. Big D never has more than 150 people listed for their shows and Dave constantly talks about how they have to give away 30,000 tickets for the GWF shows to even manage to get 1,500-2,000 in the building.

Reading the Observers I just don't understand why so many people wanted to lose money running wrestling shows in Dallas in the 90s. Big D never has more than 150 people listed for their shows and Dave constantly talks about how they have to give away 30,000 tickets for the GWF shows to even manage to get 1,500-2,000 in the building.

James Beard or Mark Nulty or someone with knowledge posted about this on WC.The Jarretts were running the Sportatorium with crowds of a couple of hundred, not paying very much for tickets, so Pedicino or whoever was in charge of Global thought it'd be better to sell the first couple of rows at higher prices, then just paper everything else, get crowds of 1000+ to look good for TV, and make out like bandits on the concessions, which the promotion ran themselves. They might have actually owned the building, not sure about that but it was certainly not an expensive venue to run.

Didn't Kevin hold a promoter up for more money to work a memorial show for Kerry?

It was a benefit show for Kerry's daughters and everyone on the show worked for free and that included Sid Vicious.

How disappointingly un-carny.  Oh well.

Say, speaking of Sid in Texas, was the Sid dropkick just an invention of the Apter mags, or did it really happen?

Here is some more information about how terrible Big D was:

Jake Roberts, as a babyface, worked, advertised this time (last week he appeared as a surprise) for Big D on 8/8 which drew the largest paid crowd in the history of the promotion, 361. Roberts beat Gary Young via count out in the main event. Bill Irwin and Billy Steele both interfered after a 30:00 match but Roberts DDT'd Steele and threw Irwin over the top rope.

Anyone got any pics of Bradshaw in the American Vampire getup? I have never heard of it, and it seems like the bloom was off the Vampiro rose by this point but it would be interesting to see:

The first meeting of Vampiro Americano (John Hawk) vs. Canadian Vampire is scheduled for 8/22 in Monterrey.

Anyone got any pics of Bradshaw in the American Vampire getup? I have never heard of it, and it seems like the bloom was off the Vampiro rose by this point but it would be interesting to see:

jbl-vampiro-americano.jpg

• Like 1