DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Sounded more like Rey wants away from wrestling, has a couple of offers in Mexico for non-wrestling gigs.

At the same time, AAA would want him for Lucha Underground too... I don't think he's completely rotten just yet.

The way things are going about now, I say keep the title on Lesnar til Mania. Have him announce that his contract is up and Heyman and him are going to UFC to hang w/ Punk. He's taking the title with him because who is going to stop him.  Taker comes out of the shadows and announces he wants his rematch. Vince is involved in this and will not let Taker go out there again. He went to the hospital with him last year and thinks he will die in the ring this time. Taker persists and gets his rematch.

Taker somehow, someway goes over at Mania and retires with the title. You've got yourself a main event that people would want to see and let Taker go out on top. 

• Like 4

Kelly Kelly was hot and all, but she really wasn't that good, except her selling.  My gripe with her was that ridiculous spinning head scissors she would do, that was accompanied by her "screaming" while they spun in circles.   "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Sticking Orton with Kane is fine by me as I have no desire to see either guy, and putting them with eachother rather than putting them with people I actually care about is all good.

I hope they bring Benjamin back.  He's still got a lot of gas left in the tank and would be a good partner for someone or help a young guy get over.  My ideal scenario is re-forming the WGTT with Swagger.

Maybe the plan with Rey was scrapped because they didn't have anything for him to do or he wasn't physically capable of going for an extended period of time?  He hasn't looked all that great in his past few outings, maybe he's done (or wants to be done) with in-ring work.

The way things are going about now, I say keep the title on Lesnar til Mania. Have him announce that his contract is up and Heyman and him are going to UFC to hang w/ Punk. He's taking the title with him because who is going to stop him.  Taker comes out of the shadows and announces he wants his rematch. Vince is involved in this and will not let Taker go out there again. He went to the hospital with him last year and thinks he will die in the ring this time. Taker persists and gets his rematch.

I like this storyline except I'd have Undertaker "die" in the ring.  

The way things are going about now, I say keep the title on Lesnar til Mania. Have him announce that his contract is up and Heyman and him are going to UFC to hang w/ Punk. He's taking the title with him because who is going to stop him. Taker comes out of the shadows and announces he wants his rematch. Vince is involved in this and will not let Taker go out there again. He went to the hospital with him last year and thinks he will die in the ring this time. Taker persists and gets his rematch.

I like this storyline except I'd have Undertaker "die" in the ring.

And he falls on top of Lesnar while having him up for the tombstone?

Oh good, Orton vs Kane. The two least interesting guys on the roster. Can't wait.

That's what I thought at first, too, but look at it this way: At least they're not wasting someone worthwhile in a program with Kane or Orton.

Was thinking about a gimmick and I assume this is the place to ask, but has anyone run with an Incredible Hulk type gimmick before?

The idea being you have this regular guy backstage etc, mild mannered dude trying to be a pro. He's a little skinny but he tries hard dammit.

Then he has a match, he comes to the ring as his normal self. Then the heel would beat the crap out of him. But it's not until the heel cheats that the magic starts, suddenly he gets angry. He doesn't appreciate cheating. He'll start hulking up then all of a sudden the lights go out, a few strobe effects here and there, lights on and it's a big huge roidy fella with torn gear and he goes to town on the heel. Roidy dude kills the heel dead, then the lights come back on and our original guy is back cowering in the corner with his clothes hanging off. He makes the pin for the 123.

Obviously there is a degree of suspension of disbelief required here.

Joey Mercury turns in to ryback?

So they're going to drag Taker to Mania whether he wants to do it or not? People are going to go nuts if him and Sting are on the same card and don't wrestle each other lol. Mania is shaping up to be a pile of shit this year with way too many part timers, and soon to be goners. Since 50% of the Mania roster won't be there the next night on Raw maybe we can get an NXT invasion angle going. Nah they'll probably just set up the Reigns vs Kane world title feud instead.

Out of all that, Vince turning down the idea of a physical HOF and Hunter wanting one shows that Vince is still at least somewhat business savvy. HOFs are a money pit.

NOW, if you made a HOF that combined with the WWE Warehouse, then I think you have the possibility to make some money. Maybe not much, but maybe it wouldn't be a money pit.

Kelly Kelly got decent in the ring but just never improved beyond that point.  They clearly wanted her to be the face of the divas' division(ditto Candice before her).  Plus she was, like, cute and stuff.

No, she wasn't. Plus she couldn't figure out how to take off her own bra.

Those things are tricky!

• Like 2

I just did the "Elizabet...Elizabet....Elizabet...Elizabet....Will yoooou marry meeee?" bit to my wife and I can't tell you how disappointed I was that she said "Yes" instead of "Ohhhhhhh Yeeeah".

I think our marriage just ended, you guys.

• Like 12