DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

After listening to both podcasts I know Punk's still a wrestler at heart, so it wouldnt surprise me if his objective was to try to be mid 90's Brian Pillman of today. Punk knows he's representing the business in spite of him bashing it like Brock did. Guys like JR to the Rock to 'Taker all supported Brock thoughout his UFC run so Im sure Punk will get the same. If he win only one fight he'll be a success and if he doesnt win any I dont think he'll be the laughing stalk of Pro Wrestling overall.

This is UFCs version of Andy Kauffman coming to Memphis.

Would be amazing if Brock ran in during Punk's first fight in order to setup a Punk v Brock match at Mania.

only if Brian Pillman comes from under the Octagon and grabs the mic from Buffer and refers to Dana White as Mr Bookerman

Would be amazing if Brock ran in during Punk's first fight in order to setup a Punk v Brock match at Mania.

Finding out that this whole thing was a work in order to get more eyes on WWE would be incredible.

The best part of this scenario would be Punk vs. Lesnar going on second to last just so Vince can remind Punk who is really in charge.

• Like 2

I wonder how Punk feels about showing up in the UFC and taking another full-timers spot? C'mon man, Bristol Marunde has a family to feed.

Just like WWE, he doesn't mind them as long as the full-timer goes over. Which is why he'll be taking the dive in all his matches.... Yeah..... A dive *cough, cough*.

I wonder how Punk feels about showing up in the UFC and taking another full-timers spot? C'mon man, Bristol Marunde has a family to feed.

The irony is like a FedEx on your wedding day.

It's just one of the many jobs he lost on his wedding day.

So you're saying it's a free ride when he's already paid?

It's just one of the many jobs he lost on his wedding day.

So you're saying it's a free ride when he's already paid?

More like a no smoking sign on your cigarette break.

Man...if you guys haven't watched the CM Punk Best in the World documentary in awhile, now is the time. It watched it last night and it was so strange. The bit at the beginning, and the bits with Joey Mercury make me wonder if Punk even remembers that, or if WWE just beat it out of him and he realized that he was a fool to think he could create change. Also, and I think it's in the pipe bomb promo, but he speaks about grabbing so many of Vince's imaginary brass rings that he doesn't know what else to do. What I'm gathering is that Vince just loves to throw around the brass ring thing and it's just bullshit. They're going to push whoever they want and how they want. If Vince's metaphorical brass ring were real, then like others said, so many would get pushed over dudes just coasting along.

Who would've thought? It fig-... oh, too late, huh?

#ironic

• Like 3

But if that happened today would a group of producers and writers tell Austin to drop the whole "316" thing and confiscate signs because "we don't want him up there yet"?

He's not over, the catchphrase is over.

• Like 2

Had fun at both indy shows this weekend...they both had strong main events in completely different ways.  St. Louis Anarchy had TEH WERKRATEZ~! as champion Gerald James(aka Gary Jay/Gary The Barnowl) and Davey Vega fought to a 60-minute draw.  Dynamo had a solid face vs. heel situation and a VERY pro-underdog crowd as rookie Mike Outlaw upset veteran champion Ricky Cruz to win the title; the atmosphere was off the charts and it was a ballsy move to put the title on a new guy like that.  Fun times.

(feeling the need to post something positive for some reason)

But if that happened today would a group of producers and writers tell Austin to drop the whole "316" thing and confiscate signs because "we don't want him up there yet"?

How often did Austin mention "3:16" immediately after the promo? From what I remember, the fans kind of took it and run with it. Given how the WWF pushed Austin immediately after KOTR, it's not immediately clear that even they understood the significance of it.

What was the story behind Bret working with Austin? Did it seem weird for Austin to go from working a declining Yokozuna on the SummerSlam Free for All to suddenly feuding with Bret Hart?