DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Again, Khali made a lot of money and killed his body.

Way more successful than those dumbfucks that do dumb shit for a couple of dollars and maybe a chance to grope a woman.

You leave my musician years out of this, lady.

• Like 2

Going to chikara tomorrow night. Anyone else heading to philadelphia? Will be my wife's first non-WWE PPV card. Expect her to be thoroughly confused and my explanation regarding the Ants and the Eye of Tyr to make me question my fandom again.

If it's anything like the time I took my wife to an ROH show (oh man) years ago, have her put some Vapo-rub under her nose like an autopsy technician.  She'll thank you later.

• Like 2

I liked Saturday Morning Slam it was a fun show u got a couple fun matches a show plus they did that Fave Five thing where they did a top 5 countdown every week which gave they kids a history lesson on pro wrestling. Plus they had those profile segments on wrestlers which got over their personalities. I'm surprised they didnt revamp it for The Network.

• Like 1

WWE is coming to Loveland CO for a house show on Feb. 1. It's a Sunday afternoon matinee show at 1pm. I'm gonna take my four year old nephew and his folks. They've never been to a wrestling show and aren't really fans, they'll watch a PPV with me and enjoy it but that's about it. Nephew loves watching with me and is a huge Rey fan. When I told him just now that we were gonna go see wrestling, at first he thought I meant on TV tonight and he was all, "Not now." When I explained that we're going live in a few months, he said, " Wait, we're seeing them for real?" His eyes lit up and his mouth dropped in awe. Oh and the advertised stuff is 

John Cena vs. Money in the Bank Contract Winner Seth Rollins in a Street Fight

Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt

Intercontinental Championship Match
Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper

Plus many more of your favorite WWE Superstars and Divas

• Like 1

The website hasn't been updated in 4 years though.

I went to the first two. The actual comedians were quite funny but half the wrestlers didn't ubderstand the concept of a roast and it became a horribly boring tribute. Superstar rambling for fifteen minutes about Terry Funk before unveiling a painting was the worst.

I went to the first two. The actual comedians were quite funny but half the wrestlers didn't ubderstand the concept of a roast and it became a horribly boring tribute. Superstar rambling for fifteen minutes about Terry Funk before unveiling a painting was the worst.

I guess I can understand not being familiar with the concept of a roast, but wouldn't the organizers explain that to the guests at some point?  Or the wrestler could look it up in an encyclopedia or the internet.  30 seconds on Wikipedia and you'd probably know all you need to about the subject.

This is the carniest, most ridiculous thing I've seen in forever. UFC is abandoning any pretense they had of being a legitimate major league sporting competition. On the other hand, as a die hard PRIDE fan this amuses the fuck out of me but I don't think seeing Punk will be as entertaining as seeing Fujita take inhumane beatings.

• Like 4

So earlier I was browsing youtube and this random channel that uploads old WCW shows popped up and it had a WCW World Wide from 91 with Stan Hansen and Sid Vicious as a tag team and they absolutley murdered some jobber tag team. One of the guys was named Keith Hart (I don't think it was THAT Keith Hart) and he took the brunt of the ass whopping including a back drop that sent him a legit 10 feet in the air.

Anyway it appeared they were building up some United States Tag Title final and implied that Sting/Luger would be facing Hansen/Vicious for the titles at Superbrawl since the Steiners had to vacate them.

How the hell did they go from possibly doing Sid/Stan vs. Sting/Luger to Freebird/Pistols.

There's so many possible what if's for this. Was it just another case of Hansen going back to Japan aroun then? He was at Superbrawl but only to literally scare the piss out of Paul E. Dangerously and then do that hilarious locker room skit with Missy Hyatt.