DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

In case you were wondering why Heath Slater is trending worldwide on Twitter right now.  According to Fox 5 Atlanta:

In a breaking report, it appears that WWE Superstar Heath Slater is in hot water with the law. An arrest warrant has been issued for the former WWE Tag-Team Champion today stemming from an incident after a WrestleMania 27 after-party. The incident happened in 2011, which makes many wonder about why it was just now being taken care of.

Man Titus O Neil has terrible luck with tag team partners

Jerry McDevitt apparently released a statement pointing out that the charges were filed against Slater and not the WWE, so it sounds like they're just gonna throw him under the bus on this one. 

I was sitting here with my dog and he was begging me to throw his ball. I imitated his every move, vocal expression, blink, facial tic, whatever, then finally grabbed and threw the ball... then said "YOU JUST GOT SANDOWED". 

Don't ask me why I didn't say "Mizdowed", that'll just start another argument

Awesome dog. Also, off topic: The guitar behind his head. It looks like an ESP from what I can see-- if it's the model I'm thinking, James Hetfield played one at the 2003 MTV Icon: Metallica thing (in black). What is that model called? I've been trying to think of it for years now. It's not the Grinch, it's not the Viper, it's not the Spider...

How does one see the Iron Shiek documentary? Is it On Demand? Netflix?

No where yet.

I am sure there are... ways... to see it now

But it doesn't appear to have been "released" yet.

Though usually documentaries get the "On Demand same day as theater" treatment

Amazon Instant seems to have it.  Might be some Canada vs. US issues in terms of availability, but here's the link where I can see it:

http://www.amazon.com/Sheik-Khosrow-Vaziri/dp/B00P7PH4V6/ref=sr_1_2?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1417652382&sr=1-2&keywords=the+sheik

Random story of the day: I work for a car service in Atlanta and was scheduled to pick up someone from the airport by the last name of Regal. So, I thought to myself yesterday when I was assigned the job, "Might be William Regal". Of course I wasn't serious, but as I'm standing in the airport holding a sign saying 'Regal' and guess who happens to walk by on his way to baggage claim? William Regal. Of course as he walks by, the right Regal comes out of Dunkin Donuts and we were on our way. Needless to say, I was bummed.

• Like 15

Was the right "Regal" this guy?

200482.jpg

("Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal, for those that don't know)

Actually, do wrestlers often use their work names when they're away from the business, not doing media, etc.?

From someone who was around "Taz" and "Raven" in a social setting at least twice, they were Pete and Scott.

Random story of the day: I work for a car service in Atlanta and was scheduled to pick up someone from the airport by the last name of Regal. So, I thought to myself yesterday when I was assigned the job, "Might be William Regal". Of course I wasn't serious, but as I'm standing in the airport holding a sign saying 'Regal' and guess who happens to walk by on his way to baggage claim? William Regal. Of course as he walks by, the right Regal comes out of Dunkin Donuts and we were on our way. Needless to say, I was bummed.

I think I woulda instinctively punched Lame Regal in the face and followed Awesome Regal around.