DVDVR Message Board

Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana v2.0

Rev Ray

My new favorite internet conspiracy has popped up: because Punk didn't mention Stephanie one time in the podcast, they're obviously sleeping with each other.

God bless the Internet.

Well... it would explain why HHH never liked him...

...and CM Punk does idolize Randy Savage...

"It was my idea to skeaze my way into the family using Vince's daughter and take over.  I took that to them and they were like "Whatever" and then, I get a call saying "Oh, we're pulling you off that and giving it to HHH".  I mean, COME ON!  Do I even get a little payday?"

• Like 1

"It was my idea to skeaze my way into the family using Vince's daughter and take over.  I took that to them and they were like "Whatever" and then, I get a call saying "Oh, we're pulling you off that and giving it to HHH".  I mean, COME ON!  Do I even get a little payday?"

Are we still talking about Punk?  Because that seems like it could come from any number of wrestler shootsm

Colt says he doesn't read. Whether or not he actually can is something I'm unsure of. In every shoot I've seen him in he's always come across as a real meathead idiot. There would've been something in booking Punk and him as George and Lennie in WWE. Would've been different at the very least.

• Like 5

Yeah, he seems like a really sweet, dumb dude.  Like, it would be fun to hang out with him, but also it get kind of annoying because he would never get your references and you would constantly be explaining some show or book or movie to him after you've made a joke about it, and he would always be describing things that he doesn't know the word for while you have to try to guess the word, and even when you actually guess the right word, and you fucking well know that's the right word, he's still like

"I don't think that's it.  more like before the first part of something, you know?"

"Introduction. Prelude."

"Noooo. Like an opening and then the actual part."

"Prologue."

"No, man!  Like that thing that kind of tells you what's gonna happen before it starts happening."

"Preface. Preamble. Foreward."

"No...you know!  The Befooooooorepart"

"I hate you."

• Like 5

Colt says he doesn't read. Whether or not he actually can is something I'm unsure of. In every shoot I've seen him in he's always come across as a real meathead idiot. There would've been something in booking Punk and him as George and Lennie in WWE. Would've been different at the very least.

Best Post Ever

The ending doesn't seem very PG though. Maybe if done off camera...

• Like 1

The ending doesn't seem very PG though. Maybe if done off camera...

like the Tim White skits?

• Like 1

Colt is probably one big inside joke with his buddies at this point. Does he even wrestle much still? Suppose I could check his schedule, but I never hear of him doing anything.

I don't drink or do drugs, but I would never label myself straight edge because someone would out-do me. "You're not straight edge if you're not a vegan." Well, then I'll never be straight edge, because I will never be a vegan.

Plus here's a question: Can you consider yourself straight edge if you take prescription medication for a medical condition? Let's say you're bipolar and need meds to keep yourself in check. Can you still say you're straight edge if you don't drink or do "street" drugs but do take your meds?

He wrestles constantly all over the world, yeah

He does pretty well, plus he's getting Comic Con gigs. Good for him, he seems like a nice guy. I think Matt Classic would do well as a midcard comedy act in the WWE, but that ship's probably sailed.

How much will he have made from these podcasts?

A friend of mine was going to advertise on his podcast and these are the rates for ads straight from Colt's reply email:

Song of the week is $100

Four mini adverts is $250 for the month After Song of the week

end of the show is $50

Those were the rates as of April 2012.

• Like 1

I guess I mean, would he have made more money than usual from these last two episodes?

Probably not, since most of his sponsors are long-term, i.e. Highspots or Tweaked.

You risk killing the goose if you hold up sponsors mid-agreement

• Like 1

Are onions slang for something?

Actually, no.

Beat Happening and the twee bands from Olympia are the exact opposite in terms of sound from stuff like Converge and Black Flag and the stuff Punk probably listens to. But Calvin Johnson is straightedge and super charismatic. When Olympia music was blowing up, he had this weird cult around him. Kurt Cobain dubbed them "Calvinists." A lot of people in his scene became straightedge. One of the things Calvin really pushed was this whole childlike lifestyle for people who were college age ad above -- pajama parties and stuff like that. Spaghetti dinners were a really big thing and he'd throw a fit if onions were included in the meal.