DVDVR Message Board

Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana v2.0

Rev Ray

My main take away was that the big symbol they lit on fire during Final Deletion wasn't built for that match, Jeff already had it hanging around from 3 years ago. That's the Jeff Hardiest thing I've heard in a long time.

I really liked the Jeff episode.  Considering how wacky he can be he came across as really level-headed.  I also liked him addressing the Sting match in TNA, guy seems really at peace with himself.

Yeah, he talked about during the interview. He said that in the past the pills never messed him up before a match, but on that day he was pilled up and I think drinking as well (although I may be recalling another story he told and added it to his explanation of what happened before the Sting match) and it got him super fucked up before the match. So yeah, in the past, it didn't affect him before matches, but on that day, he got really messed up.

Good interview with Caprice Coleman this week. He talks a little about being a black man in wrestling and it's kind of sad he has to dismiss industry wide casual racism with a "Hey, that's the business, right?" but hey, that's the business, right?

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 6:30 PM, Godfrey said:

Good interview with Caprice Coleman this week. He talks a little about being a black man in wrestling and it's kind of sad he has to dismiss industry wide casual racism with a "Hey, that's the business, right?" but hey, that's the business, right?

Caprice to Cedric, "don't let them see us together because they'll put us in a tag team."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The most recent ep with DJZ includes a harrowing tale of cheating death in a Mexican hospital. Worth a listen to hear what some indie guys go through. You can draw your own conclusions as to whether he's brave or stupid (or both) for getting back in the ring.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/22/2017 at 3:17 AM, Justin877 said:

Did anyone hear the Old Death Valley Driver got a plug from Alex Shelley?  I felt he spoke favorably.   He even spoke of the old IRC Chat days when Punk, Joanne, Chris Hero and others would pop into the room.

I skipped the episode since I'm not the biggest Shelley fan.  But after reading this I'll check it out, pretty awesome he'd mention that.

Major update on the newest episode:

Starting in March, the format will change: no more long-form interviews with individual wrestlers. Instead, he's going to do a review on his wrestling experiences the previous weekend (i.e., and extended version of what he currently does in his monologue). How he described it, seems like a podcast version of Kevin Steen's Weekend Escapades. 

I always enjoyed the monologues about his recent trips/appearances, so it should be decent, but I'll definitely miss the interviews. 

On 12/28/2017 at 7:43 AM, echris1015 said:

Major update on the newest episode:

Starting in March, the format will change: no more long-form interviews with individual wrestlers. Instead, he's going to do a review on his wrestling experiences the previous weekend (i.e., and extended version of what he currently does in his monologue). How he described it, seems like a podcast version of Kevin Steen's Weekend Escapades. 

I always enjoyed the monologues about his recent trips/appearances, so it should be decent, but I'll definitely miss the interviews. 

Having not listened to the latest episode yet, thanks for the update!  I'm not sure about the new format, but I'll give it a try.  I can understand the change.  After so many episodes, who is there left and available for Colt to interview?  He's been scraping the bottom of the barrel more, which I'm sure has led to listeners skipping episodes.

I just caught his AMA.  I think he is still going to be working out the details, but he did mentioned he will have guests so it just won't be him.  The new format does give him the option of not having people on with major gaps between interviews.  So there's always the chance if he's on tours with people he knows (i.e., let's say DDT and someone he knows is with him), maybe they can cover the tour and/or rotate people in to cover it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Colt recently had The Kingdom on the podcast. Matt Taven talked about an incident where he accidentally moonsaulted onto George “The Animal” Steele. Colt previously used that clip in his live comedy show, and it generated heat between Colt and Taven. 

I tracked down the clip. How have I not seen this until now??