DVDVR Message Board

Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana v2.0

Rev Ray

• 4 weeks later...

Dave Taylor proving, as if there was ever any doubt, that he is the man.  His Les Kellett stories were fantastic, particularly when he stood up to grumpy old Les and his stories towards the end are so quotable, especially with his northern accent.

"Listen, Ive worked with you 3 fookin times, you've knocked me out 3 fookin times, any more of that and thats fookin it!"

"Me and Regal just got up and left"

"Sign of an arsehole!"

"I got attacked by 8 soccer hooligans in a pub, I got 4 then the police turned up"

"Whats an Avatar? Avatars that fookin film innit?"

One of the best Podcasts Ive listened to in years. 

God save our gracious Dave Taylor! Long live our glorious Dave Taylor! God save Dave Taylor!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just caught up on a bunch of backlogged episodes.  The Missy Hyatt one was pretty fun.  Learned that Missy apparently loves history and does Civil War and WWII re-enactments.  Given that they put her with Col Parker in AIW, I now want nothing more than to see Missy dressed up like Scarlet O'Hara with the good Col.

On 3/2/2016 at 4:01 PM, DukeCaesar said:

The CW Anderson one was pretty good as he's pretty candid about everything.  Pretty big revelation (to me, at least) that the ECW on Sci Fi revival guys like Anderson and Doring were only getting a guaranteed 35k/year.

Holy crap! With travel cost, how could you even survive on that? You can't survive well on that in normal life, never mind the road life. I know it's a downside, but Anderson and Doring ain't guys that are going up much.

22 hours ago, DTTW said:

With travel cost, how could you even survive on that? 

Pile as many guys into the same car and the same motel room as humanly possible.  Eat only the cheapest food.  Try to get fans or rats to pay for anything they can/will pay for.  

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2016 at 8:55 AM, Technico Support said:

Thanks for the warning.  Sad, delusional never-was attention whore talking about his supposed greatness for 40 minutes?  Pass.

As someone who is far from a Teddy Hart fan, it was still a good listen...he seems to have matured a little bit, and his stories about growing up are pretty wild.

• 10 months later...

Jeff Hardy is on this week, he does talk a bit about fighting Smokin' Joe and that apparently he had to run off camera when Joe was kicking Matt's ass because he was laughing so hard.

Also a break down of some of the expenses of building a volcano.