DVDVR Message Board

2014-2015 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

In a few weeks the NCAA will spring Sandusky out of jail, round up his victims, and give them back to him.

And this is why I haven't watched a college sporting event of any kind since Emmert and co. went soft on giving Penn State the death penalty.

Yeah remember that whole Jerry Sandusky/Joe Paterno pedophile thing at Penn State.  Well never mind thanks to the NCAA today

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12179571/joe-paterno-111-wins-were-vacated-restored

<_<

Disgusting! 

Also, with how corrupt the state of Pennsylvania is that $60 million will be going into politicians pockets not to help abused kids. 

The worst part is the Happy Valley cultists who somehow feel that this vindicates the Paternos' assessment that JoePa and by extension the program never should have been punished in the first place.

This might have been the worst scandal to ever occur (and I include Baylor, SMU and Boston College in that statement) and the NCAA is in the long run giving Penn State the same punishment schools get for Level 2 recruiting violations.

Fuck Mark Emmert and the organization he rode in on.

Anything less than the death penalty was an endorsement of what happened in Happy Valley, and the explosion of Kool-Aid drinking morons on my Facebook feed proves this.

I will explicitly forbid my children from going to Penn State; I'd forbid them from going to ANY NCAA school, but that's just impossible.  I will hold this over that college's head until my last breath.

Loss of institutional control.  Or think of it like this; you think the recruits that made Penn State Linebacker U. would have jumped on board if word got out or was even RUMORED that one of the defensive coaches was a pedophile?

I don't know why the NCAA even bothered.  I mean, I know WHY they did it--to look tough when 1) they really weren't and 2) had little to no domain to do such a thing.  But to take the wins, only to give them back?  What a waste of time.

If the NCAA was really serious about doing something, they should have shut down Penn State's football program for two years.  Force the university to do a true clean sweep throughout the athletic department.  Make the school put money toward a legitimate grant to help those traumatized by child molestation.  PSU would eventually regain their program. 

Yeah, it'd hurt a lot.  But it would actually resonate thoughout Happy Valley how serious the situation is. And being raped by someone you trusted hurts a million times more.

So, when does the NCAA officially cease operation?  Because it's already dead.

There is no NCAA bylaws that deal with the coach being a pedophile. It doesn't even fall into the institutional control issue, because it's not about the program not following NCAA rules.

They had no authority to do what they did, and they knew it.

But again, I can't stress this enough: Fuck Joe Paterno.

Unfortunately the NCAA Big Book O' Rulez is not the constitution, so things like a legitimate criminal conspiracy (which this was- at absolute minimum it was obstuction of justice by more than one party) aren't open to interpretation.

I know the sanction were toothless to begin with, but knowing PSU alumn...

Penn State is the single example of everything that's wrong with the college football culture, and their fans may be the single worst group of fans in the world.  

• 3 weeks later...