DVDVR Message Board

2014-2015 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I have a friend who's close to some people on the BOT and other folks in the athletic dept and while there's no out and out "let's kill the football team" stuff, there's a lot more going on than just, "Al Golden is an idiot who thinks you can shut down an option team with a 2 man rush".

Oh, I imagine the rest has a lot to do with Blake James trying to siphon as much control as possible BEFORE the presidential tranisition.

From what I understand the BOT is split on canning Golden. He's got some very staunch supporters who think he did a good job with the NCAA stuff while there are others who think he sucks and is stubborn. I'll pm my buddy on the UM board and ask for a cliff notes version of what he knows and what he can say and I'll post it here.

How long does Jameis last in the NFL? A season?

What team would be dumb enough to take a chance of him? We've seen what a disaster Johnny Manziel is off the field and Winston makes him look like a choir boy. 

"With the sixth pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select. . ."

• Like 1

I was listening to ESPN Radio last night, and they had someone on there saying that Winston "has the tools to go #1 to Tampa". Which means the Jets wouldn't fuck up by picking him, which would make me happy.

I'm still expecting him to produce Vince Young-like numbers on the Wunderlic test, and that will scare teams away from him.

I'm probably going to have to call in a bomb threat to the Jets draft room to prevent them from picking him, aren't I?

I am so committed to the concept of Winston as the next Raiders draft bust that I will be genuinely disappointed not to get to watch this unfold. I am sort of mad that Carr looked almost half competent at his job for a couple games there.

And my God, that Jets video is amazing.

Cardale Jones has a press conference scheduled for 3 PM Eastern time.

He gone.

TAKE THAT FAKE SCHEFTER TWITTER ACCOUNT!!!

Or, you know, maybe he's going back to Ohio State.

Takes some stones to call a big press conference to announce you're going back to school. Well played, Cardale Jones.

• Like 1