DVDVR Message Board

New Japan gets TV deal in US

GOTNW

Full reviews are not forthcoming, because tonight was involved with more important things, like beverages, music and reading, so I have no time to do a review of a three-way with a guy who is a POS and looks like an overinflated version of pre-slim-down Masato Tanaka if he was a bald white dude. Watched most of the Kamaitachi/Ospreay match and hey, Ospreay brought his A-game and did not piss me off at all from what I watched of him. The pacing was nice, the work was painful looking, and the right guy won. The tag match I did not watch at all but I will rewatch the Jericho brawl because it's a Jericho brawl and I'm both a Naito head and a vampire. 

EDIT: Paunchy Heel Jericho is maybe my favorite in-ring version of Jericho, actually. Match didn't equal the craziness of the Omega one but was still fun, and Jericho won?! 1. I forgot about that and 2. it is weird, but works. There really isn't any point in Jericho coming back and irritating the new guys if he isn't some kind of threat so he needed that. It was pretty sloppy, but so was the match, so hey. 

The legends vs. Bullet Club match was whatever. Okada/Omega IV was not my cup of tea. I only managed to keep my attention on the last fall which was fun and goofy with all the mugging and weak hits and falling down, etc. It's just not my style though I appreciate their effort. All day tomorrow is a "Bullet Club Is Fine" string of greatest hits up until the SF feed starts, so if you need to do some catching up it's all there. 

Oh, they also played Golden Lovers/Bucks but I neglected that along with most of the six star 

• 4 weeks later...

Been watching random stuff on AXS the past 3-4 weeks after catching the G1 Special in San Francisco.

Watched the 2016 & 2017 G1 Climax finals. Loved both. Thought Omega was better in the 2016 match though I think I liked Goto and Naito more than him in both.

Really dug Naito/Ishii from 10/9/17. Also dug R3K vs. Taguchi/Ricochet. Okada/EVIL was solid enough but forgettable.

Been watching this year's Wrestle Kingdom. Haven't caught Okada/Naito yet. Bucks vs. R3K was pretty good. Ibushi/Cody was decent, feels like it would have been better in front of a US crowd. EVIL/SANADA vs. KES was ok. KES running roughshod over everything seemed like decent idea, but in practice it left something to be desired despite nothing being bad. Goto/Suzuki was solid though it dragged a pinch at the beginning. Ospreay vs. Scurrl vs. KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu was fun. Hiromu felt weirdly out of place. First time seeing Scurrl. he seemed decent enough. Still kind indifferent towards Ospreay despite finding him perfectly fine and athletically gifted. Tanahashi/White was fairly solid. Honestly, I expected worse from it, but the match was generally well done. It just didn't have a crowd that believed in White at all. White shows nice bits of the cocky shit attitude he had in the later Juice match. Omega/Jericho was longer than it needed to be, but didn't drag terribly like the similar lengthy Omega/Cody match. It was also the same WWE styled street fight yet done so much better. The nonsensical rope breaks towards the end were weird but managed to still work due to the crowd themselves just not giving a shit and reacting to them like a normal match. This is easily the best Jericho performance and match in years.

• Like 1

Even cut, Ibushi/ZSJ is fucking insane. There's nothing possible to really describe, it's just counter after counter after counter and either guy looks like they could win at any moment. That's what every wrestler probably wishes they could say about their match. 

Naito/Omega starts out pretty good with some heel vs. heel nastiness. Like OSJ, Omega's dumb fucking faces are starting to take me out of his matches. It's as bad as Okada's deadeyed, flat-faced "selling". And yeah dude you can pitch yourself a thousand feet over the rope, but do you need to do that on the first night of the G1? He then proceeds to eat the poisoned frankensteiner right on his head and then this turns into a series of finishers. 

I give up. How does this shit get five stars? Does MUGA have to invade or something to re-train the crowd? I'd love if Suzuki-gun could do it, but if you get pizza for every meal, you're gonna expect pizza. Actually, there's no reason to throw shit at the crowd -- the wrestlers is a better idea. Then there are two incredibly stupid piledrivers before a V-Trigger and One Winged Angel to finish the match. Four finishers in a row. Fuck this shit, give me Ibushi and ZSJ rolling around and throwing strikes anytime. 

I'm sure this got 5* from DAVE though so hey

Finally watched Naito/Okada from the dome. thought it was pretty damn good, easy MOTN. It did feel like a missed moment for Naito though hearing about and seeing how over he is I'm not sure it really matters. Doesn't feel as bad as Jun losing to Kobashi in 04 was.

Also caught Okada/White. Another good match and performance from both. Okada is pretty good at making others look good while not diminishing himself at all. I can kind of see why WWE has supposedly made the offer to him before if true.

I've been ill once again (don't know what I did this time, first I bit my tongue trying to puke and also felt like I threw out my back, now everything aches and I can barely walk from one room to another. What the fuck is wrong with me?) but if I'm bedridden I might as well get a review in for y'all. When the fights finish, that is. 

Speaking of which, Jackson hit Jennerman right on the fucking jaw and he drops like a stone. Ref barely let him get in a return hammerfist too! One of the more definitive knockouts I've seen in awhile right there. 

G1 CLIMAX 28: JULY 19, 2018

ISHII/NAITO: If anything is gonna make me feel better in the slightest it's probably this. It's amusing that they stuck the commentators in the entrance hallway at Korakuen. You'd think they find SOME place for them near the ring but no -- sellouts mean you watch the monitors. They start out quick as a hiccup with a bunch of reversals and then the meat-chopping starts. Naito is stepping up his stiffness but Ishii is just ungodly. Naito's use of legsweeps is a nice equalizer though. Spitting in his face though? Ishii hits him with an elbow that sents him completely across the ring. Naito slaps him? Ishii decides to attempt to crush his larynx with chops before they speed up yet again. Man they are just popping off rehearsals here. Naito finally wins with a reversal of the brainbuster into Destino and a second one after is the charm. Very, very good with Naito working Ishii's match only they're both making Junior speed levels. Red Shoes gets thrown down after and you have to applaud that.

OMEGA/GOTO: Champ vs. champ, only Goto is himself so that doesn't make much of a difference. Starts with more reversals then Omega jumps on the top rope to do a dive and Goto just says "fuck it" and throws a chair in his face, haha. Pretty neat GTR face-smash from the apron after then they start brawling in the bleachers; Omega comes back with a moonsault off a handrail (go figure). Once again this a lot of reversals and big strikes with no one particularly in control for more than a moment. More head drops though... of course. Pretty paint but numbers but no overkill which is nice. Guess who wins? Also worth noting that Red Shoes gets pushed by Omega in this too, haha. 

Pretty good show. JR was a little irritating but hey

Just watched the abridged version of Dominion on AXS. 

The three way OpenWeight match was fun. Elgin is Elgin but I got a kick out of him and Goto kicking the shit out of each other. Elgin had a sick outside cannonball dive.

Ospreay vs Hiromu was cool I can't really remember it as I'm typing but I remember there was some crazy spots and the crowd popped like crazy when Hiromu pinned Ospreay.

This Young Bucks vs Sanada and Evil match was better than the Cow Palace one. I think they executed The Bucks as underdogs in the heavyweight division better here. Nick and Matt were working hurt (Matts back, Nicks ankle) and the much larger Evil and Sanada they had to contend with gave off a higher stakes atmosphere for then Bucks than when wrestling for their hometown crowd or Meltzers hometown crowd.

Jericho vs Naito was fun as fuck. It was a fight. A wild unhinged fight. Don't piss off Jericho cuz Naito made those comments 6 months before hand and Jericho fucked him up like he said them yesterday. Jericho is timeless he's constantly reinventing himself and staying ahead of the curve. Naito and Jericho went all out in this one.

The Bullet club vs Liger Mysterio and Takahashi 6 man was a nice buffer between Jerich-Naito and Okada vs Omega 4. Mysterio's New Japan logo mask was really cool looking.

Okada vs Omega was really good. Of the four I've only seen number two and this one. Omega vs Okada 2 was on of the better wrestling matches I have ever seen. I know I really like this match but I don't know if I like it better than the 2nd one. It was cool to watch Kenny finally get his moment, good for him hope he gets a long run.  Okada as champ hadn't ran it's course he had one of the better world title reigns of the last 10 years if not 15 but it was Kennys time man. Okada got that first pin off by reversing a rainmaker reversal, I think the crowd got nervous that this might be another Okada match where he walks away with the championship. Then Kenny kicked it into another fucking gear and the crowd went into a frenzy after Omega got that first pin and when he won the match the place went bonkers.

This was a really fun episode. After some replays we get Fale/Tanahashi which is a fun as hell big man vs. little man fight with Tana trying to take the legs out from under the big lug, who despite his weight loss is still a big lug. It ends with Red Shoes getting bumped, getting pissed and finally just throwing up the double middle fingers to call the match and let Tana advance. Next match is Hangman Page/Okada and this was also a blast. Page has his working shoes on and takes most of the match with a bunch of ridiculous offense (including a moonsault that he eats shit on) while Okada plays underdog. He takes the win but this really makes me want to watch more of Page, something I wouldn't expect to be writing. JR and Warmaster also have a time mentioning that he was trained by the Boogie Woogie Man and yeah, I can see the disconnect there, haha... Next week is Suzuki, Goto, and some other mugs so don't miss out, looks to be a slobber of knockers.

ZSJ/SANADA was a blast! Sanada has Zach well scouted and is right there with him hold for hold as they roll all over the mat. He wins with a sweet reversal in ten minutes and a pissed off Sabre goes for a chair, some young boys try to stop him so he blasts one of them right in the ear with a slap. Didn't catch all of it but wish I did. Unfortunately the next match is TAMA TONGA/OMEGA and why they would air a Tama match at all when you have the rest of the cream right there is beyond me. Of course it starts with the Firing Squad jumping Omega who has his BC buddies come to his defense. They do tons of rope running, Tanga Loa interferes liberally, Red Shoes kicks a chair out of the ring right before Omega gets Styles Clashed on it and gets the Gun Stun for his troubles to end the match. This was a whole lot of nothing. ISHII/GOTO is more my wavelength. They of course just start smacking into each other like a pair of human bop bags; Warmaster says if you put a piece of coal in between the two of them you'd end up with a diamond. Ishii, amazingly, busts out some awesome selling for Goto's kicks, one of which just drops him. This is a pretty fitting match to do my physical therapy arm exercises to as the strikes in this are probably comparable to being hit with the sawed-off pool cue I'm using for them. Ishii actually FOAMS AT THE MOUTH at one point. Christ, he pounds his way out of a sleeper, Goto slaps him, and Ishii just goes balls-out on him til he's slumped in the corner. Then they start to move into the finishing stanza with a ton of sick counters and reversals while the crowd is at a froth.  JR calls this "two restaurant quality ass-whippings" and he ain't wrong. Then he underlines it by saying if you're wondering what Strong Style is, rewind your tape, you'll get it. This was a motherfucker of a match. Watch it ASAP.

Ooooo, we get two episodes tonight! TANAHASHI/EVIL and SUZUKI/OKADA are the second bill on your double feature for the evening. I'm gonna pass on reviewing these because I'm sure I already have before (just not this year) and if not you can guess who my favorites are. I did catch the end of the latter match earlier and Suzuki stumbling away down the aisle was rather droll. 

Suzuki/Okada is a masterpiece of violence. Suzuki is the greatest. Now I know why he was stumbling...

EDIT: Suzuki/Tana was equally awesome, and I liked the White/Okada match a fair bit. White has pretty explosive and mean offense that he uses while taking most of the match.

OMEGA/ISHII: This should be good. Ishii is out of the running but if he wins gets a title shot; Omega is undefeated so far and immediately comes out taunting Ishii which is not a good idea. Ishii taunts back in kind and proceeds to chop the shit out of him. Omega uses an interesting camel clutch variation with a crossface in response. He kicks Ishii and I swear to god the man almost -- almost -- smiles! Then he takes Omega and just pitches him on a powerslam. They do a great faceoff where Omega spits in his face then forearms him four times to no response whereupon Ishii wallops him with one that sends him into the corner. After he finally sells the damage he then grabs Omega and grossly back suplexes him right into the buckle pad which looked really sloppy and dangerous, even with the pad there. He hits two lariats that either of which look like match enders after a spit-take on a V-Trigger. Some good nearfalls off a sitout powerbomb and a mean lariat but Ishii comes back with his own Dragon and a powerbomb counter. As much as Ishii muscles through the pain his selling is super on point. It's truly Kawada level. Crowd is firmly behind him after he gets double-stomped off the apron to the floor. Aaaaaaaand we have BLEEDING FROM MOUTH~! Jesus, no-fucking-body should be allowed to kick out of Kenny's piledriver. It's just too disgusting and final. Ishii somehow turns a crucifix rollup into an offensive move as Omega lands on his head, then he eats a crazy string of lariats and headbutts. Now OMEGA's mouth is bleeding too and after a bunch of reversals Ishii finally hits the brainbuster and gets the pinfall; we get a nice closeup of Kenny leaking all over the mat. Barnett says he's seen death metal concerts that are less brutal. Kenny says everybody loves an underdog story and hopes we're happy. Well, I certainly am. 

NAITO/IBUSHI: Uh, well, this should be good too (duh). In stark contrast to the last match we start with a top wristlock and some rope running, though the taunting is still there because, of course, it's Naito. After the expected tranquilo Naito starts working the knee then bangs Kota's head against the announce table a couple times for good measure. Methodical and mean work here with vicious stomps to the knee. He gobs at Red Shoes and then right into Ibushi's face, haha. Methinks we are gonna ignore the knee here pretty quick and sure enough Ibushi is running and jumping and moonsaulting already with no visible sign of injury. Oh wait, he does limp for half a second after a quebrada... then goes to the top again. It's honestly pointless to complain about these things when you just know they're gonna do it anyway. Hey guess what, Naito hasn't forgotten about the knee! He figure fours Ibushi then they start slapping each other and he gobs on him again. Ibushi comes back with a half-nelson suplex out of the Kobashi playbook but get gobbed on YET AGAIN! Where does all the phlegm come from, did Tetsuya drink a bunch of Kool-Aid before the match? Then Ibushi gets dropped on his head a couple times as expected. At least he plays dead perfectly well. They do a top-rope do-si-do where Ibushi is trying to piledrive Naito off the top, he sticks the landing getting rana'd then lariats the living shit out of Naito in response. BLEEDING FROM MOUTH~! Pt. III occurs with Ibushi. I guess that makes him mad enough to German Naito off the fucking top (which is gross) and Last Ride him... for two. Jeeeeeezus fuuuuuuuck, Ibushi eats Destino, reverses another one into a sickening head drop Emerald Flowsion (I'm talking completely vertical), and wins with the knee like he's been doing. They wrapped this up without it getting really ridiculous, so kudos. They won't be able to walk in ten years, but still, kudos.

Doing PBP for those two took it out of me so I'm just gonna sit back and watch the second ep with White/Makabe, Elgin (ugh)/Tanahashi and Okada/EVIL. The main should be fun. 

EDIT: I caught the replay of those two and there are still like twenty pieces of offense in each of them that I left out. Both of them are just ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK the whole way through. 

• Thanks 1

Oh boy, a Yano match and a Tama match. Thankfully the Tama one is started in progress with Ibushi doing a balcony moonsault (after walking the handrail, which is stupid crazy dangerous). This is after about 30 seconds of the balcony camera blindly staring at the crowd, unable to find the wrestlers. Damn does Fale look practically svelte now. Good on him. Gun Stun and Tama wins, bleah. 

Omega has taken a Last Ride trying to save his lover so Yano runs out and gets right to it with an immediate pin and dismantling of the buckle pads. Chase Owens actually serves as a human pad to save Kenny and also replaces the pad to help him, then removes it for Yano being whipped. Yano suplexes Omega on the pads and he no-sells it, incredulous to the point of doing that at all. Why did I not expect Omega to be completely all-in on the comedy? Jesus, Yano dragon screws a turnbuckle pad. There is no point in further commentary. 

That blew through a half hour of our weekly programming. Yep. Omega's lip is all stitched up from last week's massacre and he repeats "bottom lip still hurts" twice, ouch.

NAITO/SANADA: JR: "He wins matches and he sells merchandise. As Ernie Ladd would say, case closed." This is the first meeting of these teammates. Sanada's hair is weirder looking than ever, like some kind of plant growing atop his head (note: as tradition I will not capitalize Sanada because I'm probably writing it a thousand times). Tetsuya tries the raised-fist bump to trick him but they use that for a sweet, fast exchange of reversals, then start the exchanging of holds. Naito gets dropkicked trying to do the Tranquilo pose which is fitting. For that Sanada gets dragged all the way down the entrance ramp and beaten on. Naito gobs in his face; he gobs right back. Sanada is making a good show of his speed and agility in this one. He has a good response to a Destino attempt, putting Naito on the top rope and doing a Code Red on him. It would have been neater if he just brainbustered the shit out of him but he makes up for it after by doing a picture-perfect Tiger suplex which you don't see very often. Shit, then he steals Destino and plants Naito right on his head. It isn't as nasty as the Ibushi reversal last week but it looks better than when the man himself does Destino. Skull End meanwhile looks like a face crank instead of a choke. At this point we should probably just accept that he's not gonna make it look any different. To finish, Sanada botches a bump into the corner, lands on his head on a German and no sells it (ugh), then loses to a Destino that finally lands. Solid enough match though that finish is kinda bunk. EVIL comes out with Hiromu's jacket which is a nice touch. It is pretty mean to call your buddy a cabron even if you're asking him to get well soon though...

Next week is Tana/Okada so as good ol' Tommy Rich would say, "GET FIRED UP!" 

I love that JR basically threw up his hands after the Omega/YB double-clothesline. In his head he was probably cheering for the Tongans to run in.

That said, Yano's matches exist in a vacuum where this shit is to be expected and you need to roll with everything that happens.

WHITE/EVIL: It's Japanese Spirit of Halloween versus White Boy Nakamura in the Budokan! JR starts with some history of the venue saying it was built in '64 for the Olympics and the Beatles played in '66. The match proper starts with a slap from disrespectful Switchblade. He dumps EVIL out of the ring with a back suplex and mashes him into the rail with another. Fucking Red Shoes catches Jay's leg when EVIL throws it after catching a kick, making me hate him even more. That's a Nick Patrick move if there ever was one. Liger on the outside is wearing a plaid flannel shirt which is a hilarious contrast with the mask. Dammit, Red Shoes gets in the way again and White hits a low blow. JR rambles on a bit about the Shield looking like they're in a SWAT team for no reason. Focus, old man, focus... This is pretty much both guys trading suplexes; at least Jay has a nice Kiwi crusher (whatever that is). JR exposes the business more complaining about why there's chairs under the ring while Red Shoes gets in the way for the third and then fourth time. EVIL unceremoniously wins with an STO which is pretty lame considering he was eating half-nelson suplexes and kicking out of pins off them a minute ago. Meh. 

I think my ultimate idea of torture would be being forced at gunpoint to watch The X Factor UK. Death would be preferable.

TANAHASHI/OKADA: We got happy shiny redhead "please like me" Okada, but no balloons. Ace's jacket is snazzy though I don't know why the fabricator sewed what appears to be the pelt from a piece of roadkill on one of the shoulders. After some rope running they slow it down to the Exchanging Of Holds. Tana does the best response to being backed into the ropes and getting the "I'm not gonna hit you" patdown ever by just forearming Okada right in the face. Even though we know the legwork won't come back into play, he also wraps Okada up with a neato standing something that looks really painful. Reverse standing Texas Cloverleaf, maybe? Inverted Sharpshooter? Anyway. Okada dragon screws to switch up the leg focus before the break. 

Next week we got GOLDEN LOVERS EXPLODE~! They show Omega eating a fucking powerbomb from the top rope with Ibushi jumping backwards to do it, wow. 

Tana has been in 17 G1s! Amazing. If I was 41 I'd consider asking for the year off. Okada is now working the leg. Does he even have a leg submission in his bag of tricks? Let's check Wiki... oh, nevermind, trolls ruined that for everybody. Barnett says you can't get hit with the dropkick if he can't jump and this is disproven about exactly one minute later. Twice! God does he look like a goober making that face after the second one. Tana switches the Tombstone and nicely holds Okada there for a minute to emphasize it. I will say this for the pointless forearm exchange, they sell it well. BIG High Fly Flow to the outside that Tana nukes his knee on. Thankfully he goes like a shark after the leg, dragon screwing the crap out of dye-job boy and procuring the Cloverleaf. At one point he's sitting on Okada's back, then turns it into a freakin' Styles Clash! He eats mat on a Flow and Okada -- of course -- dropkicks and dropkicks. Right after all those leg attacks. I guess it wouldn't be 2010s New Japan if there was logic in respect to limbwork. Now we're in the Rainmaker portion of our match and the crowd is coming unglued for Tana's nearfalls. ONE MINUTE LEFT! Tana hits a Flow for two and the bell rings as he's going up for another one to the immediate deflation of everyone in the building. l guess Ace wins on points. For an Okada match this was acceptable despite the obvious complaints. Hiroshi brought his A game and the nifty variation to the standard stuff whereas Kazuchika just did what he always does. To be honest: Tana deserves it. The smile on his face afterwards says it all. 

ZSJ/Naito is fantastic so I'm just gonna sit and watch. There's a Rings of Saturn applied with Zack's legs; need I say more? 

That was so great. ZSJ is perfect playing spoiler here. Probably the best part was actually one of Naito's kickouts from a Sabre bridging pin, the second of two, which was completely razor-thin time-wise. Red Shoes' hand has to be a millimeter away from the mat when he got the shoulders up. The second best part was Sabre winning with a freakin' MICHINOKU DRIVER~! which had TAKA leap into the ring to hug him immediately. If it wasn't the stiffest or best match of the G1, it was probably the most fun. And deciding not to do PBP on it was wise because it's pretty much impossible to do that with this one. 

Whether you like Omega/Ibushi depends on whether you can deal with a match continuing after Omega hits that piledriver of his on the apron in the first couple minutes. No matter what, somebody really needs to make a .gif of Ibushi's knees crushing Omega's sternum. Woof! 

EDIT: It isn't THAT piledriver (the double underhook sitout one) but it's still a piledriver

• Like 1

Besides the perfunctory opening matwork (which was necessary for build, though just as useless as ever) TANAHASHI/IBUSHI was great, and Capital-E Epic. That's how you pull off a final. It's as solid and emotional as a babyface vs. babyface match you're going to get in Japanese wrestling this year. Good stuff.

Oh, and the key to it? 

SELLING

SELLING 

SELLING 

SELLING

SELLING

Missed most of Fighting Spirit Unleashed due to dinner/post-dinner nap/disinterest. It was neat seeing Liger in the states again, and his music got me hype enough to do the Liger/Hogan pose... and my post-break right arm can actually reach that far now! We've come a long way, baby... You can see what I feel about the Juice match in the other thread. 

OKADA/ISHII VS. GOLDEN LOVERS: Okada gives a balloon to JR that has a smiley face with $ eyes and Kevin Kelly says "he's trying to give you a smile, Jim!" Now that's just cruel. I really have no expectations about this aside from it being a crowd pleaser. Damn, Ishii shoves Ibushi off the apron and he spits directly in Ishii's mouth. Kind of uncharacteristic and not a smart move. Walking into the ring and no-selling his forearms is probably even dumber. Okada isn't above the dick moves either by coming over and sticking his finger out at Omega who wants to rip it off. Nice, they're moving beyond "crowd pleaser" and into "honest heat" to make this a real match. JR bitches about Ishii taking Omega outside to the rails and quickly corrects himself saying "that's just a suggestion Mr. Ishii sir" haha. Woof, Okada hits a falling leg lariat to the side of Ibushi's head that had to take some braincells out. In response he steals Okada's dropkick. Omega tags in, tweaks his knee and almost kills himself on a powerslam (again), Okada tags in but the Lovers decide to do stereo Asais to the outside and then go all highspot crazy. Okada finally makes me like him dropkicking by hitting a vicious shotgun dropkick that slaughters Ibushi and now we got the matchup in the ring that everyone wants, Okada/Omega. We get a lot of saves and tandem offense plus a DVD and a Uranage from Omega (nice of him to vary his offense). Methinks this isn't the first tag rodeo for the Lovers. Everyone ends up eating it and we get a standing O from the crowd with a "New Japan" chant. We peel back to Ibushi and the Stone Pitbull slapping the piss out of each other before Okada runs in to let Ishii hit the HUGEST Stuff Powerbomb EVER. It's like the one Kawada threw in the '02 tag against Kea/Hansen. Unfortunately the Lovers end up hitting a dual Kamagoe (sic? Golden Trigger, double knee) and it's all over. You could do this again in ten minutes with a few different sequences and a different finish and I'd watch it all over again. 

Omega mentions the empty seats but says he's happy for the turnout. He asks Ibushi for a rematch but Cody runs in to grab the mic and ask for the triple threat. Ugh. Somebody needs to take away Gedo's WWE and ECW tapes. 

*Kamigoye, lit. God Surpasser (???)

I was not very hyped up for Fighting Spirit Unleashed but I enjoyed the card top-to-bottom. Very good pre-intermission tag matches that all wound up meaning something. Not a lot of overkill, not even Scurll/Ospreay (which I'd love to hate on but it was pretty good). If you got the time it's worth a full viewing.

• Like 1